Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

stevebrtx

Jul 4, 2010, 8:10 AM

Post #1 of 6 (3448 views)

Shortcut

ShawDirect works great, even in rain

Can't Post | Private Reply
Saw some folks on TOB having trouble with ShawDirect, I would have responded, but I've been banned so many times over there I gave up, at least for the moment. Anyway, last night I watched Daytona and a minute ago I flipped it on and it's working great and it's raining moderately hard at the moment, so Canuck TV works much better than Dish which I used to lose even on cloudy days.

However I will say their commercials in CA are rather droll, but they have some great programming, like the other night I tuned into "Great Inventions of Great Britain" - it was a short program, but interesting.

Happy 4th of July
http://www.chapalaweather.net

johanson / Moderator

Jul 4, 2010, 10:45 AM

Post #2 of 6 (3433 views)

Shortcut

Re: [stevebrtx] ShawDirect works great, even in rain

I'm very happy with Shaw, especially because it gives me my home town network stations in HD (Seattle). Sometimes I loose the HD stations which are on a second satellite, but have always been able to switch over to the SD feeds except during the very heaviest of rain.

cosmico07

Jul 24, 2010, 9:48 PM

Post #3 of 6 (3311 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] ShawDirect works great, even in rain

Hi. Its me again. I don t know if you received my last email.
Sorry for PM you.
I live in Mexico City, Do you know how to activate my shawdirect receiver, and get programming if I live in mexico city and I dont have any friends, family living in Canada? My email is fifuyos@hotmail.com

Thanks for your help

johnv

Jul 24, 2010, 11:09 PM

Post #4 of 6 (3307 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cosmico07] ShawDirect works great, even in rain

You need an account handler. They are not something you find on the internet, but by word of mouth, or sometimes from the dealer who sold the receiver.

Tequisbob

Jul 25, 2010, 3:07 PM

Post #5 of 6 (3280 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johnv] ShawDirect works great, even in rain

I emailed you some information...

I love my Shaw Direct...just had it activated 2-weeks ago and it has handled all the rain for the past two weeks without one problem.

Bye, Bye Dish Network...I won't miss you.

rukus

Jul 26, 2010, 10:27 PM

Post #6 of 6 (3243 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johnv] ShawDirect works great, even in rain

Shaw in Mexico
I am in Denver and sell shaw/starchoice working through a dealer in Canada. Dealer handles the address and phone. You must have a mastercard or visa for starchoice to auto bill each month.
starchoiceinusa@gmail.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4