Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

jcwst

Jun 14, 2010, 11:56 AM

Post #1 of 4 (14075 views)

Shortcut

Anzalduas International Bridge

Can't Post | Private Reply
This is a fairly new crossing near Reynosa. Has anyone used it and can tell us how it is rather than crossing at Pharr-Reynosa. Thanks. Jan

jerezano

Jun 15, 2010, 8:28 PM

Post #2 of 4 (13988 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jcwst] Anzalduas International Bridge

Hello jcwst,

The Anzalduas International Bridge is restricted to passenger and pedistrian traffic only. It opened in I think March of this year (2010) and is supposed to cut 30 minutes off the time to go from the frontier to Monterrey Mexico.

In March I entered on the Mission side but the signage was bad and I got lost trying to find the bridge. Crossing was a no brainer with no traffic (4 or 5 cars entering Mexico). But then I got lost at the Reynosa exit. No signage to Monterrey or points south and no signage to Reynosa center, or to Matamoros or points East. That has probably been rectified by now.

Somebody here on the forum has reported since that time that they went north and crossed at Anzalduas with absolutely no strain. However I made a search for Anzalduas and got no answers. But I did notice when I went North in May that the Anzalduas Bridge was properly marked just as you enter Reynosa from Monterrey and before the Matamoros Exit. It was marked but the exit whether to the right or left was not properly marked and when that exit showed up it came as a surprise. I can't remember whether it was to the right or left.

The bridge is at Mission Texas which is about 6 to 10 miles west of McAllen and will dump you out on Interstate 83 for either East or West. It is a two lane bridge. Not the 14 lanes there at Reynosa. Yet the highway construction is of the Mexican best.

If you are going East on 83 the time saved is debatable. Crossing at McAllen is usually less than an hour and the extra 20 minutes or so to go West to the new bridge and then the 20 minutes or so from Mission to McAllen added to the crossing time doesn't really save much time, or does it? Going West, I would take this new bridge.

I have NOT taken the bridge going North. I hope that some of the people who have will respond more intelligently to your query.

Hasta Luego, jerezano.

Tequisbob

Jun 22, 2010, 3:50 PM

Post #3 of 4 (13862 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jerezano] Anzalduas International Bridge

Jerezano,

It saves about 1-hour crossing at the Anzalduas instead of McAllen or Pharr. I have crossed there twice and it is wonderful.

From Monterrey just follow the signs as you approach Highway 2 coming into Reynosa...you turn and once back west, take about 10-minutes to the bridge...the wait time, both times I have crossed...about 12-minutes.....a far sight better than the one hour at McAllen.

Once across...go straight to Highway 83(the freeway) and you are in McAllen in 6-minutes.

I will use it again next week when I cross.

MaryPat

Jul 18, 2010, 8:37 AM

Post #4 of 4 (13415 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jcwst] Anzalduas International Bridge

Does anyone know if there is a Banjercito module at the new Anzalduas International Bridge where we can obtain our temporary import sticker for the truck we will be driving across the border next weekend? We also will need to stop at Aduana as well as immigration.
Thanks
Mary Pat

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4