First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Demonio

May 22, 2010, 8:45 AM

Post #26 of 36 (7109 views)

Shortcut

Re: [arbon] Two minutes of terror, 12 days bureaucratic terror

Can't Post | Private Reply

In Reply To
But as Calderon has pointed out "Illegal Immigration Is Not A Crime In Mexico, But We Ask For Papers & Deport Illegals"

I'd be careful about misquoting the President of Mexico from a racist blog that calls itself -- Townhall.com The Blogspot for Political, Conservative and Republican Blogs and Bloggers. I too saw and listened to Calderon's interview there with CNN's Wolf Blitzer and Calderon made it clear that illegal immigration was no longer a crime in Mexico (which it use to be). He also said that they ask the undocumented to return to their country. I too interpret that to mean deportation, but it wasn't said together as quoted by you from that racist blog. Why do I state it is a racist blog? Well, for one thing the video of Calderon's interview had a heading as being provided by "www.muckfexico.com". Careful arbon, your sheet is showing.

G

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate."

(This post was edited by Demonio on May 22, 2010, 8:58 AM)

arbon

May 22, 2010, 8:48 AM

Post #27 of 36 (7104 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Manuel Dexterity] Two minutes of terror, 12 days bureaucratic terror

Can't Post |
Home births in Canada and Mexico need to be registered.

Is that not the same in the States.?

Manuel Dexterity

May 22, 2010, 8:56 AM

Post #28 of 36 (7099 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Demonio] Two minutes of terror, 12 days bureaucratic terror

A fact that most of the more rabid anti-immigrants that call undocumented workers criminals either ignore or aren't aware of the fact that the mere presence of a person without proper authorization in the USA is not a crime.

arbon

May 22, 2010, 9:07 AM

Post #29 of 36 (7096 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
"Illegal Immigration Is Not A Crime In Mexico, But We Ask For Papers & Deport Illegals" (near the border)

Well then,....show us the Mexican Illegal Immigration law written in Spanish, because Calderon and his official interpreter were not clear in English.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mexico had to change the law or build many more prisons.

Canada had to slow down refugees or build more shelters.

The States has been refurbishing buildings near the Texas border to house refugees.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Demonio

May 22, 2010, 10:14 AM

Post #30 of 36 (7077 views)

Shortcut

HUH???

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate."

arbon

May 22, 2010, 10:35 AM

Post #31 of 36 (7071 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Well then,....show us the Mexican Illegal Immigration law written in Spanish, because Calderon and his official interpreter were not clear in English.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Manuel Dexterity

May 22, 2010, 10:37 AM

Post #32 of 36 (7070 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To

Why arbon? You have little to know Spanish skills so you wouldn't comprehend it to start with.

I asked before ....have you got a point?

JustAGigolo

May 22, 2010, 12:44 PM

Post #33 of 36 (7045 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Hound Dog] Two minutes of terror, 12 days bureaucratic terror

RE:Racism & Sexism= by Hound Dog about Canadians or anyone who disagrees with him

Quote=Faux colonialists. Arrogant NOBBERS. Stay in Canada, I say. Aha! I knew there was a hidden agenda. Also, remember that the wife of one of the victims was in hysterics according to his account and could not sleep nor eat and was constantly in tears. Who wouldn´t relinquish a vehicle to get out of that hotel room?

Quote=Has anyone noticed that, over an over again, Canadians are participants in these needless controversies and always blaming their problems on Mexican incompetence? Racism, pure and simple.

Perhaps you should look at yourself. Your responses are so one sided there is no reason to take your postings seriously.

Unfortunately you probably feel these types of comments are allowable under the guise of being amusing. Well their not.

It brings the BB down to a the lowest common denominator.

(This post was edited by JustAGigolo on May 22, 2010, 12:53 PM)

Reefhound

May 23, 2010, 10:07 AM

Post #34 of 36 (6982 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Hound Dog] Two minutes of terror, 12 days bureaucratic terror

In Reply To
Here is a news article that illustrates how/why police agencies try to keep the vehicles. It is a bit dated but do you believe the corruption has gone away?

So, you make this assertion based on a ten year old article in the regionally insignificant foreign oriented Guadalajara Reporter? All the federal authorities demanded of the Canadians is that they prove ownership using normal criteria under Mexican law. Has anyone noticed that, over an over again, Canadians are participants in these needless controversies and always blaming their problems on Mexican incompetence? Racism, pure and simple.

Do you have any better data to reference? Do you have any evidence that police corruption has been eliminated or dramatically reduced?

There may be racism involved but perhaps not in the direction you think or by the ones you suspect.

Reefhound

May 23, 2010, 10:18 AM

Post #35 of 36 (6974 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Manuel Dexterity] Two minutes of terror, 12 days bureaucratic terror

In Reply To
Perhaps these people have a legitimate gripe but we are talking about them being denied personal property. Something that can obviously either be replaced or lived without. (No, reefhound, I am not condoning theft)

I would agree that if I someday get ambushed on a desolate Mexican highway and forced out of my car at gunpoint, I hope the extent of my issues will be fighting bureacracy to get my car back.

In Reply To
Here is a case though where an American is being denied his citizenship even after having served in the armed forces of his country of birth.

http://www.securitycornermexico.com/...d=60&Itemid=1223

And there are thousands of innocent people in jail for crimes they did not commit, so does that mean we should do away with the legal and judicial system?

That case above is saddening... if he's really a citizen. O f course, the issue here is he cannot prove he is a citizen. He seems to have the birth certificates of everyone but himself.

How many cases of citizenship fraud do you think might exist in that area?

Moisheh

May 26, 2010, 9:49 AM

Post #36 of 36 (6890 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Reefhound] Two minutes of terror, 12 days bureaucratic terror

What is happening to this forum?? These poor Canucks just wanted to go home! They were ill treated by every one and in many forums criticized by fellow Canucks and expats. How would you feel if it happened to you? I bet Bubba would have a different attitude. In the beginning they could not get the vehicles as they did not have the import papers. I guess not as they were in the vehicles as well as their passports. This incident will have a negative affect on Mexican Tourism for many years. The Goc. could have cut through the red tape in one day. Maybe they should have greased some palms. Shame on Mexico. I might add that what transpires in the USA or any other country has NOTHING to do with this thread. Stick to the subject at hand!!

Moisheh
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4