Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

mazfan

May 19, 2010, 2:20 PM

Post #1 of 5 (6954 views)

Shortcut

Mosaicos Part 2

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am looking for some place in Guadalajara that sells mosaicos, the beautiful tiles that one often sees in older houses. Some of the regular readers of this forum may remember that I posted this question back in October 2009, and consequently found Mosaicos Eternos. They did indeed have gorgeous tiles, and I fell in love with one particular pattern. I came back home to Mazatlan, made all my measurements, and emailed them to Mosaicos Eternos, requesting an estimate. I finally got it after 3 months of calling, emailing, and begging. As luck (or bad luck) would have it, right after I got the estimate, I had a major plumbing problem and had to tear up my whole patio. I let Mosaicos Eternos know about it, and told them that I would contact them when the work was complete. This actually was going to make my order bigger, as I now had more tile to replace. I contacted them again after the plumbing project was done, sent them all my new measurements, and requested another estimate. It has now been 5 weeks, and I am still waiting. I have repeatedly emailed, called, had my Mexican contractor call, all to no avail. Each time I am told "I will call you back in 2 hours" or "I will send you an email tomorrow". Needless to say, it is time to move on. So....that being said.....I am wondering if there is anyone out there that knows of ANOTHER place where I can order tile?? I haven't given up on the mosaicos yet, but it still may happen. I can always find ceramic tile, but the cement on the patio has already been placed assuming that mosaicos would be put there. I know this is a long story, but I needed to vent! Please help!

bournemouth

May 19, 2010, 2:25 PM

Post #2 of 5 (6949 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mazfan] Mosaicos Part 2

What about Original Mission Tile in San Luis Potosi:

http://originalmissiontile.com/

(This post was edited by Rolly on May 19, 2010, 2:44 PM)

mazfan

May 19, 2010, 2:37 PM

Post #3 of 5 (6939 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bournemouth] Mosaicos Part 2

Wow! Really beautiful tiles, and a quick response to boot - thanks! Have you ordered from them before?

bournemouth

May 19, 2010, 3:47 PM

Post #4 of 5 (6917 views)

Shortcut

We've never used them but I love the tiles and kept a link to their site.

Casa

May 20, 2010, 10:23 AM

Post #5 of 5 (6848 views)

Shortcut

I have purchased tiles from a different vendor in Guadalajara. Mosaicos Eternos are usually easy to deal with. (Before anyone has the desire to tell me some horror story of their experience, let just say that has been my experience with Mosaicos Eternos) I have done a lot of work with them. (Often times Mosaicos Eternos sends work (tiles) out to be made by other vendors which is why they can be slow, in quotes and turn times)

I chose this other vendor (La Corona) for cost and turnaround times. (I took him designs and they made molds and made the tiles.) Now let me say this is a small shop and they make the tiles on site, often times for other vendors. Add 15 dias to any turnaround times that they give you and you should be OK,) I suggest that you go to the shop because it will be hard to get anything done by phone, that’s just how it is.

Tel 3826 2078 cell 044 33 3156 1035
Owner Ing Leonardo T. Corona López
Address : Diagonal Manuel Cambre no 1824 (casi esq J. Ma. Vigil)

You can tell him los Muchachos de Rayón sent you.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4