Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

ee

May 17, 2010, 5:47 PM

Post #1 of 3 (4517 views)

Shortcut

Cabo San Lucas and vicinity

Can't Post | Private Reply
We are planning a visit to Cabo San Lucas. We also want to explore Baja California Sur for a possible move to the region. Any suggestions on places/towns that we should visit to get an idea of what living there is like? We don't want to just sit on the beach at some resort in Cabo San Lucas. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

morgaine7

May 17, 2010, 6:56 PM

Post #2 of 3 (4493 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ee] Cabo San Lucas and vicinity

You'll want to visit (at least) San Josť del Cabo, the East Cape, Todos Santos, and La Paz. My suggestion would be to take the east road (Hwy. 1) up through the East Cape towns to La Paz, spend a couple of nights here, then drive back on the west road (Hwy.19) via Todos Santos. Driving time between Los Cabos and La Paz is about three hours, but since you're checking out potential places to live, allow yourselves to get a feel for the various towns. Be sure to restrict your driving to daylight hours. If you have enough time, you may want to venture farther north to Loreto and/or Mulege. Good luck!

Kate

Ustlach

May 19, 2010, 1:02 PM

Post #3 of 3 (4427 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ee] Cabo San Lucas and vicinity

If you are not renting a car in Cabo, I can recommend taking a bus trip up to Todo Santos. That is a day trip and is really worth the effort. I understand Todos Santos is an up and coming destination for retiring expatriots. It is a cute place and worth a visit.

La Paz, well, I can't say enough about La Paz. It is a very, very nice place. If I were not committed to this Sonoran, I would certainly consider La Paz. It really is too far for a day trip. But there are all kinds of nice places to stay there. The malecon is so nice. The seafood fantastic. You can take a bus to La Paz and back, and get around in town on foot or in taxis. It might be worth renting a car for a couple of days for the trip to La Paz. That is what I did.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4