Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

TigerTonio

May 17, 2010, 2:18 PM

Post #1 of 9 (13990 views)

Shortcut

Early Start for Rainy Season?

Can't Post | Private Reply
It's been raining here in Morelia and it's very much welcome -- at least by ME, anyway! Is it raining elsewhere in the Central Highlands? Are we starting early this year?

La Isla

May 17, 2010, 3:08 PM

Post #2 of 9 (13956 views)

Shortcut

Re: [TigerTonio] Early Start for Rainy Season?

We've had quite a bit of rain this past week in Mexico City, and the temperatures have gone down too. Today, no rain, but it's been overcast and cool since noon. Thank you, Tlaloc!

esperanza

May 17, 2010, 3:08 PM

Post #3 of 9 (13957 views)

Shortcut

'They' say that traditionally the rainy season in Morelia starts around the 16th-17th of May. We're right on schedule!

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

(This post was edited by esperanza on May 17, 2010, 3:09 PM)

TigerTonio

May 17, 2010, 3:51 PM

Post #4 of 9 (13943 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Early Start for Rainy Season?

Oh, good. I think I'm just overly anxious for the cooling rains. My garden is anxious, too!

La Isla, great to hear that Mexico City is cooler. I plan to return there (my other "home") sometime in June.

sparks

May 17, 2010, 5:39 PM

Post #5 of 9 (13923 views)

Shortcut

Rained 3 times in the last week in Jocotepec but very light. Heard they had heavy rain and hail in Guad a few days ago.

This is not turning out to be the hottest month of the year they all warn you about

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

La Isla

May 17, 2010, 5:58 PM

Post #6 of 9 (13908 views)

Shortcut

I tend to wilt in very hot weather, even in the dry heat we enjoy in the D.F., so I've not been a happy camper for the last few weeks. With Tlaloc blessing us with some early downpours (traditionally, the rains never start here in earnest till June and sometimes later), I feel reborn!

TigerTonio

May 17, 2010, 7:07 PM

Post #7 of 9 (13893 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] Early Start for Rainy Season?

I'm almost embarrassed to say that we have the rare blessing of central air at the apartment in Mexico City -- so being there isn't much of a problem. I'm wilting here in Morelia. I'm hoping to return to the Big City in early June. If mother nature prolongs her heat in the D.F. during that time, I'll invite you to the Arctic Bar in colonia Condesa! Surely, we can cool off there!

La Isla

May 17, 2010, 7:47 PM

Post #8 of 9 (13875 views)

Shortcut

I don't have AC in my apartment, but I do have a fan that does a pretty good job of keeping my brain cells from wilting. I will admit to having spent some time at (one of the many) Starbuck's in my neighborhood and having dawdled more than I needed to while food shopping in Superama just to enjoy the AC. But if the heat returns while you're here, the Arctic Bar sounds great!

Anonimo

May 18, 2010, 2:06 AM

Post #9 of 9 (13847 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] Early Start for Rainy Season?

We're sleeping under a light blanket out here in el campo near Pátzcuaro.
One or two days without rain, it got warmish in the house by afternoon, so we turned on the ceiling fan.

Saludos,
Anonimo

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4