Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

arbon

May 12, 2010, 12:57 PM

Post #26 of 30 (6727 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Is it true about the FMT?

Can't Post |
"You misunderstand the rule. A holder of FM2/3 is required to fill out the FMM form for statistical purposes, not to be issued an actual FMM. There is a place on the form from the INM agent to mark that."

¿So how will a person NOW pay for an FMM when flying into Mexico, if they have need to?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yTABDGdW

May 12, 2010, 12:58 PM

Post #27 of 30 (6726 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] Is it true about the FMT?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Well, Im not sure how that is an example of how the Mexican government is on top of things and has everything linked up electronically. It was only because the physical fmts were in her passport that they knew about it, not because something came up on their system. Thanks for relating your experience.

Reefhound

May 12, 2010, 1:37 PM

Post #28 of 30 (6715 views)

Shortcut

Re: [arbon] Is it true about the FMT?

I think it's built into the ticket price, you pay it whether you need it or not.

chinagringo

May 12, 2010, 1:40 PM

Post #29 of 30 (6713 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Memo] Is it true about the FMT?

Memo to Memo:

Quoting you: "It was only because the physical fmts were in her passport that they knew about"

Negative on your interpretation. They knew initially from: The Stamp in her Passport. The FMT's were in a Passport Case in her purse (not seen by agent) and these did not come into play until after the "in stamp" and no "exit stamp" was discovered and then confirmed through their computer using the U.S. Passport number.

If you take note - I did not say that this WILL happen to someone else but rather inferred that it CAN happen. I also gave the exact border crossing where it happened and we all know that procedures may be different at others.

Also, please take note that this was a personal experience and not hearsay. When I initially asked on this forum and others about the problem and received the "don't worry, be happy" response - I chose to believe the reply from a long time Mexico resident and person who I felt had credibility on this and other forums.

As Esperanza so aptly pointed out there are few absolutes in Mexico and in my opinion, readers can be done a disservice when absolute type info is made. It is up to them to read and interpret the variables for themselves and determine how they wish to deal with them.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

chinagringo

May 12, 2010, 1:46 PM

Post #30 of 30 (6707 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Reefhound] Is it true about the FMT?

Reefhound:

In past years on various forums, I have read where people balked at paying the fee since they were in possession of either FM2 or FM3's. Seems to me that SOME where able to get credit by showing their existing documents at the airline counters and OTHERS had to go through some sort of refund process. Never had that issue - so all I believe that I know is hearsay.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4