Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

flybuy

May 4, 2010, 3:06 PM

Post #1 of 8 (16611 views)

Shortcut

Morelos option

Can't Post | Private Reply
It has been suggested that we look into the area west/northwest of Cuernavaca. There are pine forests there which are under 2000 meters. Does anyone know that area well enough to provide some leads. I have indicated what we are looking for in my previous post. We are leaving Puerto Morelos on August 1. Destination unknown...

(This post was edited by flybuy on May 4, 2010, 3:10 PM)

sparks

May 4, 2010, 3:42 PM

Post #2 of 8 (16597 views)

Shortcut

Re: [flybuy] Morelos option

Sounds like Tepoztlan but think it's in the state of Mexico? Haven't been further west but pines in all the mountains around

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

Hound Dog

May 5, 2010, 1:06 PM

Post #3 of 8 (16535 views)

Shortcut

It has been suggested that we look into the area west/northwest of Cuernavaca. There are pine forests there which are under 2000 meters. Does anyone know that area well enough to provide some leads. I have indicated what we are looking for in my previous post. We are leaving Puerto Morelos on August 1. Destination unknown...

Now, I cannot tell you much about Morelos except two things:

*The climate around Cuernavaca and that is a complex subject due to topographical variances, is supposed to be delightful at certain altitudes.

*There has been some rather unpleasant crime around there lately, especially, from what I´ve read, around that little town to which you may feel you are attracted but which may repel you once you are more familiar with it..

Bur the real reason I am responding to your post is that, superficially, at least, I have felt that Puerto Morelos, which I presume, perhaps falsely, is the one I´ve visited located on the coast of Quintana Roo, is a fine place with a beautiful waterfront on the Caribbean. What am I missing?

By the way, we looked at all these places and chose San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas. We may be dumb as posts but we admit to that improbable decision.

Whatever, be cautious of moving to the Cuernavaca area at present. At least, read up on things before heading there.

flybuy

May 5, 2010, 2:02 PM

Post #4 of 8 (16520 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Hound Dog] Morelos option

Puerto Morelos is the most wonderful beach town to live in. We have had enough of the VERY hot/humid long summers.
as far as crime is concerned everywhere in Mexico.... asi es....

Hound Dog

May 5, 2010, 5:13 PM

Post #5 of 8 (16495 views)

Shortcut

Puerto Morelos is the most wonderful beach town to live in. We have had enough of the VERY hot/humid long summers.
as far as crime is concerned everywhere in Mexico.... asi es....

I hear this over and over and over. We had two friends who had a splendid beach property in, I think, Sayulita and they sold that property five years ago and moved to Guadalajara. They came to see us in Ajijic and sat here in our garden and told us that if they spent one more night in that craphole they would have gone insane. We have heard this a thousand times.

Dawg has a sister who lives in a place 30 miles north of the Gulf ina place called Montrose and you must understand that, among Alabamians, living on a Gulf beach is a lifelong dream. However, since she and her husband moved there some 30 years qgo,she has been constantly irritated by friends who own properties on the splendid beaches at places like Destin and have always envied her fabulous live oaks and magnificent palm trees in a modest green-on-green garden and here is what you must remember. Where you are is, at times, better than where you wish you were.

I know where I want to be. That is where I am still able to catch my breath. A view would be nice but secondary.

When Barry Goldwater was dying in his home in Arizona with a splendid view, the only thing he wanted to see, like so many other people I have known, was closure. View my ass. Close the windows. Please!

(This post was edited by Hound Dog on May 5, 2010, 5:17 PM)

pana

May 6, 2010, 9:58 AM

Post #6 of 8 (16448 views)

Shortcut

Check out Del Bosque.....NW of Cuernavaca.......look at it on Google Street View. Lots of nice homes in the pines. Probably wealthy people from DF.

Pana

Hound Dog

May 6, 2010, 11:35 AM

Post #7 of 8 (16429 views)

Shortcut

Re: [pana] Morelos option

Check out Del Bosque.....NW of Cuernavaca.......look at it on Google Street View. Lots of nice homes in the pines. Probably wealthy people from DF.

Pana

Well, if you are planning to compete with wealthy Capitaliños for "...nice homes in the pines." in getaway places such as Cuernavaca and Valle de Bravo you better have some serious pesos in your pocket. If, on the other hand you are a modestly successful person you´d better do as we would do. Dream of living in Paris with a view of the Eiffel Tower but move to Marseilles.

pana

May 6, 2010, 2:06 PM

Post #8 of 8 (16398 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Hound Dog] Morelos option

Hound Dog's right........whoever suggested West-Northwest of Cuernavaca must have thought that price was not a problem.
Wow!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4