Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

taltman711

May 2, 2010, 8:46 AM

Post #1 of 4 (7568 views)

Shortcut

DishNetwork HD

Can't Post | Private Reply
Over the past month or so, Dish has added a bunch of new HD channels. In the past they were viewable from the 129 or the 61.5 satellites. Things have changed, however. The 129 slot is still carrying all of the HD channels, but the 61.5 satellite is not. All of the national HD channels are now on the 72.7 satellite and Dish has tentative plans to transition the remaining HD away from 61.5. The timeframe is not known, yet. Since the 72.7 footprint is apparently not reaching to Lake Chapala, soon you will need to repoint to 129 if you currently are getting your HD from 61.5. Sorry to be so confusing!

Tim

YucaLandia

May 4, 2010, 5:31 PM

Post #2 of 4 (7527 views)

Shortcut

Re: [taltman711] DishNetwork HD

Thanks for the good update.

We were considering adding a dish to get 61.5w, but it sounds like that plan is now a "no go". I suspect we might add 199w instead. Can anybody out there tell us what size of dish is needed to get 129w in Yucatan? We have a 1.1 and a 1.8.
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

johanson / Moderator

May 5, 2010, 9:41 AM

Post #3 of 4 (7509 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] DishNetwork HD

First happy Cinco de Mayo say I up here freezing to death in Seattle. The high today will be lower than the low along the shores of Lake Chapala.

Now down to business. Sadly I can only tell you that to get the bird at 129 W along the shores of Lake Chapala, one needs at least a 2.4 meter dish and even then, if you had a bigger one there would be less chance of of fade out during the rainy season. That doesn't help you very much.

I wish you luck trying to find out the signal strength in your area. If you learn anything, please share it with us.

Thanks

Pete

YucaLandia

May 7, 2010, 6:35 AM

Post #4 of 4 (7477 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] DishNetwork HD

Thanks, in the previous post I meant to type 119w not 199... If anyone in the future turns these posts up on a search: Here in Merida a 1.1 m dish does ok here for 110w (signal strengths in the 40's), but it must be aimed very carefully & a 1.8m works ok for 119w (signal strengths in the 30's and 40's). 110w can even be received with a 0.75m dish here.
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4