Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

BajaGringo

Mar 31, 2010, 3:06 PM

Post #1 of 5 (6732 views)

Shortcut

Springtime and Wildflowers in Baja California

Can't Post | Private Reply

We have experienced a real smorgasbord of green grass and beautiful wildflowers this spring along the northern Baja coast where we live outside San Quintin. Here is a link where you can see more of the photos:

Baja Wildflowers...

TalkBaja: Over 25K members...

La Isla

Mar 31, 2010, 11:06 PM

Post #2 of 5 (6692 views)

Shortcut

Re: [BajaGringo] Springtime and Wildflowers in Baja California

Thanks for sharing these photos with us. The splashes and smears of flowery color are very effective in your images. I've always thought of Baja as a very dry part of Mexico, but it's nice to see that it turns so green when the rains come.

BajaGringo

Apr 1, 2010, 9:27 AM

Post #3 of 5 (6667 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] Springtime and Wildflowers in Baja California

Thanks for the nice compliment. The Pacific coast area of northern Baja actually stays green pretty much year round. It also has great year round weather as well...

TalkBaja: Over 25K members...

tashby

Apr 6, 2010, 4:30 PM

Post #4 of 5 (6606 views)

Shortcut

Re: [BajaGringo] Springtime and Wildflowers in Baja California

Beautiful!

Today, apparently, marks the beginning of the truly hot/dry/dusty season here around Lake Chapala. The next couple of months it just gets gradually worse until the rains come in mid-June (fingers crossed).

I grew up on the coast in Southern California. I want to be inside your photo now. Thanks.

La Isla

Apr 6, 2010, 5:55 PM

Post #5 of 5 (6591 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tashby] Springtime and Wildflowers in Baja California

In Reply To
Beautiful!

Today, apparently, marks the beginning of the truly hot/dry/dusty season here around Lake Chapala. The next couple of months it just gets gradually worse until the rains come in mid-June (fingers crossed).

In Mexico City we've been having really hot, dry, at times unbearably sunny weather for at least a month with no relief in the form of rain expected till June. So I was thrilled a couple of hours ago when the temperature dropped, the air began to smell humid, and a gusty breeze blew up - Tlaloc and his minions are on the way, I thought. And now it's raining!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4