Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Practice & Help Forum

Reefhound

Mar 25, 2010, 8:53 PM

Post #1 of 3 (20998 views)

Shortcut

Sarcasm not allowed?

Can't Post | Private Reply
A thread was recently locked by a mod in which he declared "As i have stated previously elsewhere on these forums, sarcasm is NOT an appropriate form of posting to a general audience."

I must have missed the elsewhere so I checked the TOS. Under Forum Etiquette it says:

"Humor, or respectful sarcasm of ideas (not Posters) are by all means encouraged. "

Not just allowed but encouraged. So which is it? And whichever way the powers that be deem, can they get the mods and the TOS in sync?

tonyburton

Mar 26, 2010, 8:01 AM

Post #2 of 3 (20971 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Reefhound] Sarcasm not allowed?

Nothing out of sync here; the sarcasm in question was deemed to have been aimed at the poster not the message. However, it's an excellent suggestion that we take a close look once again at all statements in the TOS, and perhaps make some modifications in the interests of clarity .Tony.

DavidMcL

Mar 26, 2010, 1:24 PM

Post #3 of 3 (20952 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Reefhound] Sarcasm not allowed?

As a result of this thread, I have reviewed the Terms of Service and Guidelines for the Forums and you are both correct. the item in question now reads:
5. Do elaborate your ideas if it is a new thread. Humor, or respectful criticism of ideas (not Posters) are by all means encouraged. Everyone has a different style. But make sure you have plenty of supporting evidence and information to back up your argument.
David McL
WebJefe

(This post was edited by DavidMcL on Mar 26, 2010, 1:24 PM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4