Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

Papirex

Mar 25, 2010, 4:14 PM

Post #1 of 5 (5609 views)

Shortcut

New Internet service in México (new to me anyway)

Can't Post | Private Reply

We just got our second CFE electric bill here in Cuernavaca since the takeover and dissolution of the Luz Y Fuerza electric company. I decided to register on their website so I could possibly retrieve my current months bills so that if the courier service they use is late as happens very often, I can pay it in time. So far, all they are showing is our last bill which we already paid. I hope that they will start showing our latest bills in a few days.

In schlepping around the CFE website, I discovered that they are now offering Internet service. http://www.cfetelecom.com.mx/Pages/Inicio.aspx I couldn't find any info about prices, speeds, area coverage, etc; just their claims that it is the best in the country.

Anybody using them yet? Have any information about the CFE Internet service? I am perfectly happy with the “high speed” Internet service that I use from Cablemas here, but we never know what the future holds and I like to know what my options are too.

Rex
"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved" - Victor Hugo

Casa

Mar 25, 2010, 5:05 PM

Post #2 of 5 (5603 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Papirex] New Internet service in México (new to me anyway)

Rex,

The CFE telcom offers services on their fiber optic network. Currently I do not believe there are “plans” designed for individual home type users but I could be wrong.

I believe their main customers will be large business and telcom providers (global, regional, and local) or call center, banks and other high data volume and VPN clients. They will probably sell bandwidth to you current provider CableMas

http://www.reuters.com/...dUSN0820097520100309

They offer E1 (2Mbps) to STM16 (2,488 Mbps)

Information: pricing, contracts and terms:
http://www.cfetelecom.com.mx/...s/CFE%20Enlaces.aspx

Installation rages from over 3,000 pesos to over a million and a half pesos.

sparks

Mar 25, 2010, 5:19 PM

Post #3 of 5 (5600 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Casa] New Internet service in México (new to me anyway)

I would assume their fiber network is for commercial customers at this point. Maybe city to city backbone

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

TerriCzm

Jun 9, 2010, 7:30 AM

Post #4 of 5 (4964 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Papirex] New Internet service in México (new to me anyway)

Checking the price list it shows that the monthly rent for 2mb service is $3,147 versus $579 that I pay with Prodigy including telephone services. What?????

henrysomn

Jul 1, 2010, 10:00 PM

Post #5 of 5 (4836 views)

Shortcut

Re: [TerriCzm] New Internet service in México (new to me anyway)

Hi..,,

I use Telmex for my internet in my home and my office.. with a dedicated line .... Its cheap but it was slow to respond.., and they have a large local office with techs....

Internet Filtering

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4