Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

lorirobin

Mar 24, 2010, 11:19 AM

Post #1 of 4 (14724 views)

Shortcut

Pátzcuaro during Semana Santa

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello, we were planning on stopping in Patzcuaro for a few days but we are going to arrive right in the middle of Semana Santa. Can anyone tell me if this is a bad idea, too many people, hotels full, etc.
I'd rather not deal with crowds if that's the way it's going to be.
Thanks,
Lori

Peter

Mar 24, 2010, 12:32 PM

Post #2 of 4 (14704 views)

Shortcut

Re: [lorirobin] Pátzcuaro during Semana Santa

I think it's safe to say there WILL be crowds in Pátzcuaro for Semana Santa, tour buses, etc. The local ex-pat group that meets for breakfast at a different restaurant each week is giving careful consideration where to hold their breakfast meeting that week so as to avoid the crowd and has not yet resolved that question. That's the way it's going to be. Good idea or bad you decide, but do expect crowds and make reservations if you plan to come.

dmhaun

Mar 24, 2010, 5:36 PM

Post #3 of 4 (14669 views)

Shortcut

Hotels will be at a premium during Semana Santa. Definitely have a hotel reservation and tell them you are arriving late. Check my website, on the right side, click PATZ HOTELS. Buen Viaje, David

http://www.LakePatzcuaro.org
The Michoacan Net
Supporting the Arts in Michoacan
http://www.LakePatzcuaro.org

(This post was edited by esperanza on Mar 24, 2010, 6:31 PM)

Anonimo

Mar 25, 2010, 3:29 PM

Post #4 of 4 (14627 views)

Shortcut

Pátzcuaro was relatively quiet today as finishing touches are done on the renovated Plaza Quiroga (Plaza Grande) and the Easter displays are being placed under the Portal Hidalgo on the same Plaza.

That may change starting tomorrow.

Saludos,
Anonimo

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4