Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

mexliving

Mar 20, 2010, 10:44 PM

Post #1 of 4 (7368 views)

Shortcut

best buy store in gdl

Can't Post | Private Reply
i was happy to see a BEST BUY electronics store at plaza gallerias in zapopan................ above sears...

Georgia

May 28, 2010, 8:26 AM

Post #2 of 4 (6767 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mexliving] best buy store in gdl

Well, I thought I was too until they refused to honor my warranty on a product purchased at a Best Buy in the US which was guaranteed to be honored in Mexico since Best Buy is NOT a franchise but has a single owner. Best Buy in Texas was shocked that they wouldn't honor it. I was not. They were totally unconcerned. I wouldn't even buy a AAA battery there after that. The Geek Squad falls short and the sales people are untrained.

DavidHF

May 28, 2010, 4:52 PM

Post #3 of 4 (6726 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Georgia] best buy store in gdl

Shortly after they opened a friend went there to buy some new video and sound equipment to the tune of more than $5000USD. Everything was fine until he went to checkout only to learn that they don't accept NOB credit cards! BB is a
Canadian company and my friend is Canadian, he took out his Canadian cell phone and called HQ in Canada and raised holy hell. They had no idea, and no solution. My friend bought his equipment from another store in Guadalajara and said he'll never give BB another opportunity.

Georgia

May 28, 2010, 5:28 PM

Post #4 of 4 (6713 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidHF] best buy store in gdl

The "surprise" factor was part of my experience. When I told them in Austin, TX that Best Buy in Guad wanted nothing to do with me and my warranty they were puzzled. "We'll have to look into that." Yeah, well, another customer down the tubes. Even after they took my six week old computer with the fried hard drive they still never got it back up and running correctly. I had to hire someone from Guad to come down and get muy computer squared away. He was here from 11 a.m until 5 p.m charged 2000 pesos (which, considering what he did for me and my computer was a steal) and did a perfect job. I am now visually impaired and I purchased this computer and its software so that I could actually see what was on the screen Best Buy refused to restore it to its original condition when I purchased it. When I pointed out that in order to honor the warranty I had to drive 900 miles each way and stay in a hotel they relented about restoring my hard drive from my backup, but they did a lousy job. Never again. I'm going back to Texas shortly and I will go back and request they refund my warranty money.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4