Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

Doug

Apr 25, 2002, 6:09 PM

Post #1 of 5 (4940 views)

Shortcut

FM3 renewal

Can't Post |
I'm sure this is not a new question, but I couldn't find the answer.<p>What is required to renew a FM3 (retirement)visa. I obtained my visa from the consulate office in Vancouver,but they don't do renewals and were unable to tell me precisely what paperwork is required to renew. They did tell me that I must renew in P.V. which is no problem. I am hoping to be able to gather all the required documentation while still in Canada as my spanish is kindergarten level. Any help would be appreciated.

Rolly

Apr 25, 2002, 6:28 PM

Post #2 of 5 (4938 views)

Shortcut

FM3 renewal

Can't Post |
I just did my second renewal and was required to provide the original and two copies of:
My entire passport
My entire FM3
A letter requesting the renewal – in Spanish
Proof of income(US bank statements) – translated into Spanish by an approved translator
Some money – I’ve forgotten how much<p>It is my understanding that others in other places have had slightly different requirements, so you should go to the office to inquire. I took a bi-lingual friend with me only to discover that the immigration guy spoke English. He was also very nice and quite helpful.

Rolly

Apr 25, 2002, 6:40 PM

Post #3 of 5 (4933 views)

Shortcut

More...

Can't Post |
Here is a copy of the letter I wrote requesting the renewal: (Lic. Antonio Olivas Ibarra is the name of the immigration agent)<p>
Dirigida al I. N. M.
Lic. Antonio Olivas Ibarra<p>A Quien Corresponda:<p>Yo quiero renovar mi FM3 por otro año para continuar viviar en Lerdo, Dgo.<p>Gracias,<p>
(signed by me)
My Name

jennifer rose

Apr 25, 2002, 10:53 PM

Post #4 of 5 (4944 views)

Shortcut

FM3 renewal

Can't Post |
Renewals can only be made within the Mexican Republic.<p>I. Prepare a letter substantially in this form:<p>[date]<p>Instituto Nacional de Migracion
Secretaria de Gobernacion
PRESENTE<p>Estimado Lic. [Name of Delegado]<p>Re: Prorrogacion de FM-3<p>Mis datos: Nombre:
Nacionalidad:
Documento Migratorio del no inmigrante FM3 No.
Lugar y fecha de internacion:
Fecha de nacimiento:
Lugar de nacimiento:
Pasaporte: E.U.A.<p>
Solicito prorroga de mi documento migratorio FM-3 y manifiesto que soy NO INMIGRANTE VISITANTE RENTISTA, para lo cual acredito mi solvencia economica.<p>Gracias por su atencion.<p>Atentamente,<p>/s/
[Name, address, telephone]<p>II. Gather up these documents, in the original along with 2 photocopies.<p>A. Your green FM3 visa booklet. Copy all pages, including the blank ones.
B. Your passport.
C. Proof of monthly income. The INM will need to see copies of recent statements from a Mexican or foreign bank or financial institution showing regular monthly deposits equal to or above the equivalent of 250 minimum salaries (42.15 pesos a day) or approximately 1,145 dollars. This figure is reduced by 50 percent for owners of property in Mexico. Bring title deeds of property in applicant’s name to show as proof. For each dependant (spouse, child) included on the applicant’s FM3, the income requirement is an additional 125 Mexican minimum salaries or approximately 570 dollars.
D. Marriage certificates of spouses and birth certificates of children who are included on the applicant’s visa must also be presented. These should be translated into Spanish and notarized, if they not Mexican in origin.
E. Comprabante de domicilio. Proof of address in Mexico, such as telephone, water or electricity receipt (not more than 90 days old).<p>III. Once you’re back home in Mexico, go to a stationary store and buy 3 copies of the form SAT-5. There should be someone at the INM who will fill it out for you. Take the form to the bank and pay the fee of $963 M.N. Return to the INM with the form, which is your receipt.<p>IV. Usually, you’ll have to fill out an application form for your first renewal, and that’s available at the INM.<p>V. After your documents have been accepted by the INM, you will be given a receipt from INM, showing that your renewal is in process. Hold on to that! You’ll need to show that document if you’re driving and stopped by the Fiscal Police asking for your FM-3 while it’s in renewal. <p>VI. The INM will notify you when your renewal is ready. <p>Each office of the INM has a slightly different procedure and time frame.

Doug

Apr 26, 2002, 9:57 AM

Post #5 of 5 (4936 views)

Shortcut

Thanks FM3 renewal

Can't Post |
Thank you very much for your help. I appreciate the detail and am sure you have saved me many trips back and forth to INM. <p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4