Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

tfyoung

Mar 13, 2010, 7:55 AM

Post #1 of 6 (6733 views)

Shortcut

May Weather in PV

Can't Post | Private Reply
What sort of weather can we expect in the last two weeks of May in PV? We are planning to spend most of the time between PV and Manzanillo. Is the heat and humidity on the Pacific side comparable to the heat and humidity on the Gulf side. (We visited Veracruz during May a couple of years ago and decided to head uphill after one night because of the humidity.)

ken_in_dfw

Mar 13, 2010, 9:49 AM

Post #2 of 6 (6716 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tfyoung] May Weather in PV

Can't Post |
I've made several trips to PV in May. It's a favorite because it's a "shoulder" season - meaning it's past the peak tourist season but you still get the weather benefits.

It can get a little warm and sometimes a bit humid, especially if you're away from the coastal breezes. Generally, I've found that a lot depends on whether the winds are onshore or offshore that day. But the worst I've felt is a high of around 90 F and maybe 50-60 percent humidity. Admittedly a bit uncomfortable, especially if you're not used to that kind of climate - but definitely no worse than anywhere in the southeastern 1/3 of the U.S. from May-September.

On the other hand, there are any number of days when the wind is onshore and you feel really blessed to be anywhere in the Bahia de Banderas - fabulous days to be alive! And the nights are always refreshing, regardless of the weather that day.

So I'd recommend it to anyone except those who wilt under the least little bit of heat.

sparks

Mar 13, 2010, 1:46 PM

Post #3 of 6 (6691 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tfyoung] May Weather in PV

After 5 years on that coast I'd say May is not quite the hot season. However this has been a very strange year for weather (rain all winter) so come May it may be anyone's guess

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

Camille

Mar 14, 2010, 12:01 AM

Post #4 of 6 (6656 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] May Weather in PV

Right you are! The US weather guys are predicting a violent hurricane season this summer, which would probably indicate higher than usual temperatures, so I doubt this will suddenly become a "normal" year here, whatever that is. I only know I've been here fulltime for seven years between Punta Mita and Sayulita, and I've never seen anything like this year...
My neighbors who were born here say nothin' like this in the last 40 years....and we have a big chance of rain next week. Go figure, but my grapefruits are loving it!

ken_in_dfw

Mar 14, 2010, 7:39 AM

Post #5 of 6 (6638 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Camille] May Weather in PV

Can't Post |
Wouldn't all that rain be keeping the temps down? I would think it would be cooler, not hotter.

Here in Texas, where our weather patterns are heavily influenced by México, they are saying we will have a cooler and wetter spring than normal, due to El Niño strengthening. The cooler, wetter weather is fine by me, as it will surely put a dent in our infamously hotter-than-Hades summers. But at the same time, they are saying the intensified jet stream will mean stronger storms and tornadoes - not good.

¿Quién sabe?

JRinPV

Mar 14, 2010, 9:19 AM

Post #6 of 6 (6619 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ken_in_dfw] May Weather in PV

It's also been much cooler so far, yesterday morning was less than 60ºF and that's very unusual for the middle of March.
I wouldn't want to predict the weather for May, not this year.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4