Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

Demonio

Mar 6, 2010, 10:14 AM

Post #1 of 3 (8458 views)

Shortcut

Internet Service Provider (ISP)

Can't Post | Private Reply
Please forgive me if this has been asked and answered. I'm sure it has, but I searched and didn't find a thread. I live in the lower west end of Ajijic (a couple of blocks east of Danza del Sol). I had been using Telecable as an ISP, but their reliability is so bad and it's hard to imagine worse customer service or technical support, so I canceled them just before coming NOB for a few weeks. I'm heading back soon and need a fast and reliable ISP. I hear good things about Laguna-net, but I rent so prefer to avoid expensive setup costs and installation of special equipment. Any suggestions?

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate."

Rolly

Mar 6, 2010, 10:51 AM

Post #2 of 3 (8451 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Demonio] Internet Service Provider (ISP)

If there is a phone line in the rental unit, you can go with the phone company's ISP without any setup costs or fixed equipment. I use it and am satisfied. They have a webpage where you can learn the options and costs.

Rolly Pirate

johanson / Moderator

Mar 6, 2010, 12:52 PM

Post #3 of 3 (8437 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Demonio] Internet Service Provider (ISP)

Although I give tech support at Lagunanet (so I'm biased), and I like their very reliable service, but as you suggested there is a setup fee and if you are renting and possibly moving every year, I too would suggest that you consider Telmex's internet alternative.

I have heard but do not know, that one disadvantage of Telmex is that if you are a part timer, that it becomes hard to cancel your internet service for short periods of time. Maybe someone who has had experience with this might make comments thereon. One advantage of Lagunanet is that there is no problem about cutting the service off when on vacation or going north for the summer

(This post was edited by johanson on Mar 6, 2010, 1:11 PM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4