Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Practice & Help Forum

gpkgto

Feb 19, 2010, 11:29 AM

Post #1 of 8 (63119 views)

Shortcut

yellow "Forum has new posts" marker stays yellow

Can't Post | Private Reply
After reading all the new posts, often the yellow folder marker stays yellow so it looks like there are new posts when there aren't. This has only started happening recently. Is this just me?

tonyburton

Feb 19, 2010, 11:46 AM

Post #2 of 8 (63110 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gpkgto] yellow "Forum has new posts" marker stays yellow

This means that most likely you are not actually signed in to the forums (and would therefore be unable to post).
and use that link to replace any old bookmarks.
Tony

(This post was edited by tonyburton on Feb 19, 2010, 11:47 AM)

Rolly

Feb 19, 2010, 1:13 PM

Post #3 of 8 (63102 views)

Shortcut

Is this just me?

No. I've been having the same problem intermittently for the past couple of days. It seems to be worse with Firefox than with IE.

Rolly Pirate

Papirex

Feb 19, 2010, 5:06 PM

Post #4 of 8 (63094 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] yellow "Forum has new posts" marker stays yellow

Same here using IE. I am always signed in. Sometimes if I open the last post 2 or 3 times, it will finally be marked as read. I try to ignore it, but sometimes I think that maybe someone made another post while I was reading the last one. It is not a big problem, but it is a minor annoyance sometimes.

Rex
"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved" - Victor Hugo

La Isla

Feb 20, 2010, 9:32 AM

Post #5 of 8 (63077 views)

Shortcut

This has been happening lately to me too. I'm always signed in and use Firefox. It's not such a big deal, but it would be nice to have this glitch fixed ( : !

tashby

Mar 2, 2010, 2:58 PM

Post #6 of 8 (63004 views)

Shortcut

Same problem here using Safari browser on a mac. I first noticed it last week when we returned from the beach.

Papirex

Mar 2, 2010, 3:46 PM

Post #7 of 8 (62999 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tashby] yellow "Forum has new posts" marker stays yellow

It is getting worse and worse here using IE 7 in a PC. Sometimes after reading a post it would go away after the second time I opened it. But now the yellow box will reappear after opening the last post 3 or 4 times.

I am probably missing some very recent posts because now, to preserve my alleged sanity, I must just ignore the yellow flags when I open the index after reading the last post in a forum.

Too bad this place is now free again, or I would demand my money back.

Rex
"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved" - Victor Hugo

Papirex

Apr 10, 2010, 2:02 PM

Post #8 of 8 (62740 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Papirex] yellow "Forum has new posts" marker stays yellow

This problem has remained constant for me. I am always logged in, and I found that I am using IE8 in this computer.

It seems to happen only with the last post I read, or if there is only one new post. It's like the Chinese water torture, the longer it goes on, the worse it seems.

Rex

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4