Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

frito

Feb 18, 2010, 8:55 PM

Post #1 of 13 (10810 views)

Shortcut

Dish Network Now in Mexico?

Can't Post | Private Reply
http://www.dishmexico.com.mx/

On another site listed a basic pkg at $19.99USD with other pkgs including most U.S. channels available. Networks from New York and San Francisco also.

(This post was edited by Rolly on Feb 19, 2010, 4:45 AM)

Marklop

Feb 18, 2010, 10:41 PM

Post #2 of 13 (10790 views)

Shortcut

Re: [frito] Dish Network Now in Mexico?

As far as I know "Dish Mexico" offers latin channels, and some others with translated programming, however, there are other companies that provide Dish network with U.S channels and networks (I do), but one has nothing to do with the other, except for the name i guess

Rolly

Feb 19, 2010, 4:51 AM

Post #3 of 13 (10784 views)

Shortcut

DishMéxico seems to offer the same channels as Megacable, except fewer.

"On another site listed a basic pkg at $19.99USD with other pkgs including most U.S. channels available. Networks from New York and San Francisco also."

What other site?

Rolly Pirate

frito

Feb 19, 2010, 5:28 AM

Post #4 of 13 (10779 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Dish Network Now in Mexico?

Sorry Rolly, I think Marklop cleared that up. I saw a site from a dealer in Todos Santos that said he offered "legal in Mexico" Dish systems. Most English channels coming off satellite 119. From reading other posts here last night it appears Dish is shrinking their footprint and soon they'll only be seen within a few hundred miles of the border with an American receiver? Any idea how far that'll be into Mexico? If I could still get it as far as Real de Catorce and Ciudad Victoria that would work for me. As much as I like the idea of San Cristobal I'd still want to be where I can get American tv as well as be able to run up to McAllen for various things. If I have a McAllen address would I be able to get local networks that far south also? Thanks!

Rolly

Feb 19, 2010, 6:50 AM

Post #5 of 13 (10771 views)

Shortcut

I saw a site from a dealer in Todos Santos

Can you give us the URL of this site?

Rolly Pirate

frito

Feb 19, 2010, 7:23 AM

Post #6 of 13 (10763 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Dish Network Now in Mexico?

It was www.bajasatellite.com

I've just spoken to Dish Network technical support for 20 mins. He put me on hold for several minutes to ask around about upcoming changes to Dish's footprint. He was very clear that while they don't and can't officially support Dish reception in Mexico, he and others in office are unaware of any changes to how they beam their signal on the 110 and 119. He said reception in Mexico would depend on a number of variables such as location, altitude, dish size, etc. But to his knowledge if able to receive a signal in Mexico that should continue. Said Dish Mexico might start offering English packages but he didn't know when. He was in Virginia but sounded knowlegeable and competant.

(This post was edited by Rolly on Feb 19, 2010, 7:43 AM)

johanson / Moderator

Feb 19, 2010, 11:43 AM

Post #7 of 13 (10735 views)

Shortcut

Remember folks that many get most of their programming for their DISH programming from EchoStar 7 at 119 degrees West which is scheduled to be replaced by EchoStar 14 later this spring. Do you remember what happened when the bird at 110 W was changed, the signal was better focused on the US and there was less bleedover into Mexico. I lost about half of my programming as a result of the change here along the shores of Lake Chapala

The footprint maps published by the designers suggest that the signal bleed over into Mexico will also be much less from 119 W once the new bird goes active.

To learn about the launch go to http://www.lyngsat.com/launches/index.html

To learn more about wha the experts say about the bleedover of signals from Echostar14 into Mexico along with the footprint goto
http://www.satelliteguys.us/...tellite-119-w-2.html and look for the footprint photos on the page and left click thereon to make the appropriate picture look larger.

I know that the first link works, I hope the second one does as well

frito

Feb 19, 2010, 4:16 PM

Post #8 of 13 (10710 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Dish Network Now in Mexico?

Thank you, news I can use! Looking at the Mexico map it appears that I'll be ok in Ciudad Victoria and Real de Catorce. Hopefully local networks in Harlingen/McAllen will reach that far too.

johanson / Moderator

Feb 19, 2010, 6:24 PM

Post #9 of 13 (10697 views)

Shortcut

I wish you and all of us luck. Let's hope that a little more bleedover reaches all of us than the projected footprint map suggests. The better or stronger the signal, the smaller the dish needed.

frito

Feb 19, 2010, 10:03 PM

Post #10 of 13 (10683 views)

Shortcut

Hopefully when Dish realizes how many customers they'll lose in Mexico they will offer English pkgs on Dish Mexico. Good luck!

taltman711

Feb 20, 2010, 2:41 PM

Post #11 of 13 (10656 views)

Shortcut

Just as a follow up to the launch, E-14 will be launched on March 20th and if successful, will come online sometime April-May. If you have thought about switching to Shaw(Starchoice), now would be a good time. I would not be investing in any Dish equipment at this point until after the new sat comes online and the footprint settles in.

Tim

chinagringo

Feb 28, 2010, 4:14 PM

Post #12 of 13 (10457 views)

Shortcut

Re: [taltman711] Dish Network Now in Mexico?

The following article may just explain the possible future of DISH NETWORK in MX:
http://www.bloomberg.com/...amp;sid=aDZruYApHgno
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

(This post was edited by Rolly on Feb 28, 2010, 5:06 PM)

RickS

Mar 17, 2010, 2:56 PM

Post #13 of 13 (10263 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] Dish Network Now in Mexico?

I see in today's Denver Post (EchoStar is a Denver-based company) that the deal for EchoStar to purchase MVS Communicaciones SA (Satmex) has 'fallen through'. Apparently Satmex failed to get approval from the majority of their bond-holders within the 17 days allotted under the agreement with EchoStar.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4