Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

rushfmg

Feb 17, 2010, 11:06 AM

Post #1 of 4 (4807 views)

Shortcut

Motorized recliner

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am looking for anyone who may know of an outlet in Mazatlan who might provide medical equipment such as a motorized recliner. I have a mother-in-law who developed a fractured disk in her back and cannot lay horizontally and must rehab in a chair. It would be helpful if such a recliner could be used to mechanically assist her to her feet and also provide an option for sleeping vs. a straight back chair. I realize this is a strange post but thought it worth a try. Thank you for any suggestions or help.

Rolly

Feb 17, 2010, 11:29 AM

Post #2 of 4 (4794 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rushfmg] Motorized recliner

I also must sleep in a recliner. I bought a very comfortable one from Sam's. Mine does not have a mechanism for assisting me to stand. I wish it did. I have never seen such.

Rolly Pirate

mazbook1

Feb 17, 2010, 6:09 PM

Post #3 of 4 (4769 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Motorized recliner

I'm sure I have seen numerous ads for these in the AARP magazine. It might be a good idea to contact the manufacturers to see if they have an outlet of some sort in México.

mazatlanlee

Feb 17, 2010, 10:42 PM

Post #4 of 4 (4748 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mazbook1] Motorized recliner

I would start the search for a power-lift recliner by checking with the two medical supply places I know of in Maz. One is on the ground floor of the Polimedica building, on Av Rafael Buelna. It's a tiny space behind the farmacia at the front of the building. The other place is on Zaragosa, and either the corner of 5 de Mayo or on the next corner, a block from the plazuela. Sorry, I can't find the name of either, so can't give you phone numbers. I'd also check with the Lazy Boy store, on the extension of Av La Marina, Meantime, go to the Pride Mobility and Lazy Boy web sites and find a photo showing recliners in all positions, so you will have something to show the sales people what you're talking about.

Good luck... hope you find what you're looking for.

Lee
Lee's Photos: Beyond the Guardrails

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4