Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

ZSThomp

Feb 11, 2010, 8:16 PM

Post #1 of 2 (5471 views)

Shortcut

Best area to live in Mexicali?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello all!!

I don't know if some remember my thread about 'Nightmare in Baja' where we had a horrible experience with ugly american landlords in La Mision, Ensenada. Anyway, we've been living in Rosarito since the end of September in a great house right on the beach and it is EXTREMELY affordable. I am still am amazed by the horizon sunsets and huge waves that crash on the rocks. It's truly paradisaic; If only the nights didn't get so cold!
OK now to the title of this thead since I clearly went off topic. It is very likely that we will move to Mexicali in the near future (3-6 months) for work. I am wondering if anyeone can say where the best areas to live are in Mexicali? I am thinking something I can feel proud to come home to. We will rent of course initially. I have lived in Rosarito on the gringo side and in La Colonia Obrera in Tijuana so I can handle anything pretty much, but as our situation allows, we would like to live in a nice place and feel safe. Of course if I've lived in TJ and felt safe, I'm sure I'll feel just as safe or safer in Mexicali.
Thanks again!

Zman

Marlene / Moderator

Feb 11, 2010, 11:17 PM

Post #2 of 2 (5450 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ZSThomp] Best area to live in Mexicali?

Can't Post | Private Reply
There are expats living in Mexicali who blog about their experience. Start reading from the beginning of the blog, Sept 2008, where she talks about the move and settling in. You should find it helpful.

http://www.mexicalimaryann.com/

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4