Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

jim

May 14, 2002, 4:36 PM

Post #1 of 4 (5297 views)

Shortcut

fmt to fm3

Can't Post |

hi amigos<p>question: if i have an fmt and want to get a fm3, can i get it in mexico? would it cheaper down south?<p>thanks in advance!<p>jim

angie

May 14, 2002, 6:51 PM

Post #2 of 4 (5296 views)

Shortcut

fmt to fm3

Can't Post |
:hi, I think its easier to get it in the states, but when you get to mexico have it registered, have fun,<p>angie
: hi amigos<p>: question: if i have an fmt and want to get a fm3, can i get it in mexico? would it cheaper down south?<p>: thanks in advance!<p>: jim<p>

Ron

May 21, 2002, 9:18 AM

Post #3 of 4 (5296 views)

Shortcut

fmt to fm3

Can't Post |
The answer, it depends. <p>To get an FM3 in the USA, you must be an expatriate paid by the USA office of a company. However, if you are paid locally, by a Mexican company, that is the only way you can get an FM3 inside Mexico.

Lloyd

May 29, 2002, 3:21 PM

Post #4 of 4 (5297 views)

Shortcut

fmt to fm3

Can't Post |
Not too difficult. You need to have copies from a financial institution for the last 3 months showing you make at least 1000 US dollars when you own property in Mexico and about double that if you do not own property in Mexico. Visit the closest Immigration office in Mexico with this, copies of all pages of your passport and copies of your FMT and a short letter in Spanish why you wish to reside in Mexico. This is generally what you need and the regulations change yearly. Cost is over 100 dollars initally and about 100 dollars per year to renew. <p><p><p>
but when you get to mexico have it registered, have fun,<p>: angie
: : hi amigos<p>: : question: if i have an fmt and want to get a fm3, can i get it in mexico? would it cheaper down south?<p>: : thanks in advance!<p>: : jim<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4