Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Practice & Help Forum

moon

Oct 24, 2002, 6:14 AM

Post #1 of 8 (38802 views)

Shortcut

Can't get link color to change

Can't Post |
When browsing the forum, the color of the links that I have visited do not change as in other web sites. I have I.E. 6 and am not using the back button to browse. I look at a post and then use the 'jump to forum' button to return to the forum. When I return, the color of all of the links is still the same. Is anyone else having this problem?

I have found that the changed color of visited links was one of the most useful features of the old forum as one could return to the forum a few days (or weeks) later and can see at a glance which posts have been visited in the past.

Jeannie

Oct 24, 2002, 6:21 AM

Post #2 of 8 (38790 views)

Shortcut

I am having the same problem & David Help

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am using IE 6.0 and have the same problem. The only way I was able to fix it was to change my settings to over-ride the website colors. This is not a great fix as it also messes up all other sites I visit.

David...could this be a default setting in the script and could possible be changed so that visited links show as a different color?

Tks

Uncle Jack

Oct 24, 2002, 6:36 AM

Post #3 of 8 (38790 views)

Shortcut

Same here

The only way I can change color after reading a post is to manually hit the refresh/reload. Only the yellow flag to the left of the post changes and not the post itself.

Oct 24, 2002, 2:22 PM

Post #4 of 8 (38763 views)

Shortcut

Re: [moon] Can't get link color to change

Can't Post |
Hi,

Due to the functionality that we have whereby you get to see the forums where there are new posts since you last logged in, there really is no need to change the colour of the link, we figured. This allows us to preserve the artistic integrity of the main design, and reduces clutter.

I am sorry you miss this feature, but perhaps you might get used to seeing the "new" icon where there are new posts since your last visit more.

Jack Ong,
Gossamer Threads.

Uncle Jack

Oct 24, 2002, 2:26 PM

Post #5 of 8 (38767 views)

Shortcut

SAY WHAT??

Is that a lot of double talk to cover up the fact that you missed something?

moon

Oct 25, 2002, 5:53 AM

Post #6 of 8 (38740 views)

Shortcut

Artistic integrity ?!?

Can't Post |
Are we here to share information or impress people with bells and whistles? If there is a "new" icon, does it tell us exactly which posts in a thread are new? If not, some of these threads can be quite lengthly so if a reader comes back a week later he/she will have no way of telling if a few new posts have been added.

sparks

Oct 25, 2002, 8:34 AM

Post #7 of 8 (38723 views)

Shortcut

Re: [moon] Visited links

Can't Post |
If you are in expanded mode, the little yellow and white pages to the left .... tell you (me anyway) just what you are looking for. If you remember the old forums, they all worked differently ... and returning a week later would almost assure they all appear as unread. I'm not sure what data is kept in my cookies or on MexConnect but I suspect if I go to another computer I'll get the same read/unread info. Have to test that one ... or delete cookies/internet files.

moon

Oct 27, 2002, 3:11 PM

Post #8 of 8 (38698 views)

Shortcut

Test

Can't Post |

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4