Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

chinagringo

Jan 26, 2010, 5:32 PM

Post #26 of 33 (3556 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ken_in_dfw] Property taxes

Can't Post | Private Reply

What amazes me are the people that continue to complain that they do not receive the services that they expect by paying their property taxes. I can think of one certain "jerk" in Ajijic that continues to complain about how little he receives for the minimal taxes that he pays. Then again, he claims to be worth in excess of $10M USD!
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

sioux4noff

Jan 26, 2010, 5:35 PM

Post #27 of 33 (3555 views)

Shortcut

Re: [barmarr] Property taxes

We live in Bucerias and receive the INAPAM discount on predial (property tax) and water. I have sent a PM to barmarr with more info.

Papirex

Jan 26, 2010, 6:09 PM

Post #28 of 33 (3542 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonynico] Property taxes

Yes, it is a nationwide program. The cards are now called INAPAM cards, they used to be called INSEN cards, the INSEN cards are still valid. You must be 60 years old to get one. This link will take you to a page in Spanish that lists the things that are required to get a card: http://www.inapam.gob.mx/index/index.php?sec=24

There are many businesses in México that give discounts for INAPAM card holders, most bus lines and some airlines, many farmacias and restaurants too. You will need to ask if they give the discounts, not all do. The bus and airline discounts are usually substantial, the farmacias and restaurants usually give only a 10% discount, but every little bit helps. Be sure to ask at the cashier. In restaurants that give the discount, my suegra and I usually present our cards at the cashier when I pay the bill, and the discounts are calculated there.

Since everything is usually done differently in every state here, I would advise going to their office in advance and asking them what they want you to bring with you to get your card. They wanted me to bring my US passport, and Mexican Visa, but instead of two black and white infantil size photos, they wanted color photos here in Morelos and they only wanted a color copy of the pages in my passport and FM3 visa showing my photo and the page of the FM3 visa that I had then showing the prorrogas (renewals) to verify who I am and that I live here legally. Some offices want a copy of every page of your passport and visa.

They told my suegra that she didn't need to get an INAPAM card as her INSEN card will never expire. I was given a temporary card and to to come back in one month to get my permanent card. After several months and being told each time that my card would be ready in a month, I gave up. My temporary card has no expiration date on it, and it is laminated. I have been using it for 2 or 3 years now with no problems at all. One of these days if I am near their office, I may check to see if they have my permanent card. I don't expect them to have it after all this time, and I don't care if they do or not. I don't need it, the one I have works just fine.

Rex
"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved" - Victor Hugo

barmarr

Jan 26, 2010, 7:17 PM

Post #29 of 33 (3524 views)

Shortcut

Re: [morgaine7] Property taxes- Disappointed

Yes, we are approximately 5 blocks from the beach and our tax bill is in the name of Banco de Bahia. I will check with some of my neighbors, as we own in a gated community, and see what name is on their tax bills.

However, it is our understanding that my husband and I are the first beneficiaries of the trust and our children are the second beneficiaries. So I suppose, according to the purpose of the trust, our property has to be in the name of the bank.

mazbook1

Jan 26, 2010, 11:01 PM

Post #30 of 33 (3499 views)

Shortcut

Re: [barmarr] Property taxes- Disappointed

It would appear that different states have different rules and MAYBE different notarios in the same state handle it differently. Here in Mazatlán my name was all that was on the predial bill when I had a fideicomiso and now that I own as a citizen it's still the same. (I cancelled my fideicomiso when I became a citizen, although it wasn't legally required.)

sioux4noff

Jan 27, 2010, 8:44 PM

Post #31 of 33 (3441 views)

Shortcut

Our names do not appear on the predial bill, the name of the bank does. But we still got our INAPAM discount, with no trouble at all.

barmarr

Jan 29, 2010, 9:42 PM

Post #32 of 33 (3367 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sioux4noff] Property taxes- Disappointed

I can't believe it, we live in the same town....Can I go with you to pay my taxes next year?

I really don't care about the savings, and I accept the fact that rules are different in each city/area, but ... I do feel everyone living in the same town, paying their bill in the same office should be treated equally.

sioux4noff

Jan 29, 2010, 9:46 PM

Post #33 of 33 (3362 views)

Shortcut

That is a bum deal. You can go with us next year. :)
As far as your water bill, that can still be done. Is your water contract in the same name as your INAPAM card? If so, and if you either use the minimum or don't have a meter, you can get the discount. Email me for details if needed.

(This post was edited by sioux4noff on Jan 29, 2010, 9:49 PM)
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4