Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

clausont

Jan 20, 2010, 7:59 AM

Post #1 of 9 (12771 views)

Shortcut

Accomodations in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle

Can't Post | Private Reply
As posted in the "travel" section, we are planning on traveling to La Cruz de Huanacaxtle in early March. We are looking for accomodations for our family of seven in La Cruz for six nights for less than $125 / night. Does anyone have any good suggestions? We have never been there before so know nothing about the area.

wiloran

Jan 20, 2010, 7:53 PM

Post #2 of 9 (12741 views)

Shortcut

Re: [clausont] Accomodations in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle

We meet again! I wrote to a couple of friends who live in La Cruz. I'll post answers when I get them. March is still the busy season and you don't have a lot to spend for 7 people, but it seems like something always turns up.

wiloran

Jan 21, 2010, 5:47 AM

Post #3 of 9 (12721 views)

Shortcut

This from a friend this morning:

"If there's an email address for this family? If you send it to me, I could email them, and send them photos if they like.

The upstairs rooms in our building have 2 double beds, and 2 twin beds. I can check on the price today."

She's talking about Hotel Piedra Blanca, which is a basic, clean, hotel close to the beach.

If you send me a private message with your e-mail, I'll have her send the info, including availability in March.

wiloran

Jan 21, 2010, 6:09 AM

Post #4 of 9 (12719 views)

Shortcut

Turns out that they have a website:

http://hotelpiedrablanca.sytes.net/

My friend will call and ask about prices and availability.

Kitchen units do not have utensils. Many people come down for the winter and bring their own - some even leave them in storage while they're away for the summer.

clausont

Jan 21, 2010, 7:56 AM

Post #5 of 9 (12706 views)

Shortcut

Re: [wiloran] Accomodations in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle

That sounds great, Wiloran! I looked at their website and it looks like it will work quite well. I would like to find their rates - I would expect that it would be somewhat lower than the vacation rentals. One thing I will have to check though is the availability of internet. Unfortunately, I still have my clients that I will have to work for a couple of hours a day.

wiloran

Jan 21, 2010, 6:07 PM

Post #6 of 9 (12674 views)

Shortcut

My friend can tell you if if Internet is available (she sent you a PM). There is an Internet cafe in La Cruz and it's very inexpensive to use for a couple of hours.

lamur

Jan 22, 2010, 10:45 AM

Post #7 of 9 (12646 views)

Shortcut

I'd like to know the room rates too. If they were on the website I couldn't find them with my tiny grasp of Spanish. Looks like a great place!

L

wiloran

Jan 22, 2010, 7:13 PM

Post #8 of 9 (12622 views)

Shortcut

Per my friends who stay at Piedro Blanca every winter:

"The upstairs rooms in the blue building are 2-storey rooms. The first floor has a kitchen, bathroom, and a bedroom with two double beds; up the spiral staircase is another bedroom with 2 twin beds.
I just asked Jonas, at the hotel, what the current rate is -- for 4 people it is 1,500 pesos a day, extra people are 100 pesos each. Also if you stay 7 nights or longer, there is a discount, which I believe is 10%. "

clausont

Jan 23, 2010, 6:17 AM

Post #9 of 9 (12603 views)

Shortcut

Thanks all! I will be in touch with the Hotel Piedra Blanca!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4