Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

Papirex

Jan 18, 2010, 10:25 PM

Post #1 of 7 (8251 views)

Shortcut

Temps today in Cuernavaca

Can't Post | Private Reply

It looks like our cool snap is letting up a little here in Cuernavaca The city of eternal spring. It has been 2 degrees C. warmer inside and outside the house for the past 2 days and nights. It was 17 C. outside and 19 C. inside when I got up this morning. It is now 17.6 C. (63.68 F.) outside and 21.5 C. (70.7 F.) inside at 11.39 PM. We have had one of our little 1500 Watt oil filled radiators going all day, but the back door has been open for the dogs convenience most of the day. OK, its not so much for the dogs convenience, its so I dont need to keep getting up every time they rattle the back door. I do turn the heater off when we go to bed every night. Thank God for down blankets (comforters.)

I do have 2 electronic thermometers in the house, one downstairs and one upstairs and an electronic sending unit outside that I can read downstairs, So our temps here are fairly accurate.

I do use a online weather site for Cuernavaca also,
http://weather.weatherbug.com/...her.html?zcode=z6286

but the sending site is in Mxico City and they must do some extrapolating, because the high temps are always a couple of degrees C. warmer, and the low temps are always a couple of degrees C. lower than they are here in town, but they are close. They are closer than the local readings, they are made at the airport 20 miles south of town here, and they are always about 10 degrees warmer or cooler than the actual temperatures in town.

The forecasts are for another couple of degrees C. warmer for the next week. I dont know how good my math is, but I believe 1 degree C. equals 1.8 degrees F. So 2 degrees C. higher will be 3.6 F. higher or about 74.5 F. in the house, so that will make a nice difference. If it continues to warm up, I can get the dogs their winter haircuts.

Rex
"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved" - Victor Hugo

Papirex

Jan 19, 2010, 8:58 AM

Post #2 of 7 (8213 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Papirex] Temps today in Cuernavaca

It looks like the warming trend has started today (I hope). It was 1 degree C. warmer inside and outside of the house when I got up this morning. It was 18.4 C. (65.12 F.) outside, and 20.1 C. (68.18 F.) inside this morning. Not toasty warm, but comfortable, it is slowly warming up now. No heater needed today.

I hope you are all getting some relief too. These unheated houses take some time to get used to.

Rex
"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved" - Victor Hugo

esperanza

Jan 19, 2010, 9:53 AM

Post #3 of 7 (8193 views)

Shortcut

The outside temperature this morning at my house in Morelia was a low of 7C (46F). Inside the house, it was 15C (59F) just before 10AM. Not exactly toasty. Right now, the outside temperature is up to about 16C (61F).

We continue to use our portable propane heater for several hours in the evenings.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

gpkgto

Jan 19, 2010, 10:18 AM

Post #4 of 7 (8190 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Temps today in Cuernavaca

Almost exactly the same as Morelia--inside and out--here in Irapuato, Guanajuato. I think (hope) the worst is over.

tonyburton / Moderator

Jan 19, 2010, 10:49 AM

Post #5 of 7 (8179 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gpkisner] Temps today in Cuernavaca

Temperatures in central Mexico will return to seasonal norms now that I have brought all the cold weather back with me to Canada. Enjoy the warmth... Tony

Papirex

Jan 19, 2010, 12:28 PM

Post #6 of 7 (8162 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Temps today in Cuernavaca

Tony, I thought it was because we got all of our warm winter coats out and put the down blankets on our beds.

Rex

(This post was edited by Papirex on Jan 19, 2010, 12:30 PM)

La Isla

Jan 19, 2010, 1:11 PM

Post #7 of 7 (8152 views)

Shortcut

And I thought it was because I finally got my electric space heater fixed!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4