Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

lamur

Jan 17, 2010, 2:48 PM

Post #1 of 22 (8018 views)

Shortcut

Moderators

Can't Post | Private Reply
It just ocurred to me that I haven't seen a moderator be rude, abrupt, unfair or heavy handed in quite some time. So.. I started noticing who the moderators were. Woo hoo! Christina and Tony. Yay!!! Keep up the good work!

L

Rolly

Jan 17, 2010, 3:52 PM

Post #2 of 22 (7981 views)

Shortcut

Re: [lamur] Moderators

Thanks for the kind words. Chistina and Tony are ot the only mods, there are several others, including the fat guy.

Rolly Pirate

ken_in_dfw

Jan 17, 2010, 4:07 PM

Post #3 of 22 (7976 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Yes, I've been meaning to say for sometime that I have noticed a BIG change in Mexconnect - and not just it's spiffy new appearance. Content, contributors and interaction are all improved. Most especially, the moderators are doing an outstanding job at a very HARD, often thankless task.

So I'd like to doff my hat and say, "Gracias a todos!"

Ken

chinagringo

Jan 17, 2010, 5:15 PM

Post #4 of 22 (7958 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Moderators

It goes without saying that there has been a definite positive change in the actions of the MOD's here on MexConnect as of late. Up until recently, I was simply a forum member on this and other forum related to Mexico. Not long ago, a new forum was started: (http://lakechapalainfo.bigforumpro.com/forum.htm) and I was asked to be a MOD. While I have been an active participant on various forums, I had to take a close look at this offer since I have noticed far too many criticisms being leveled at MODS for voicing their opinions as a forum member and not acting as a MOD. The only way that I could personally resolve this conflict was to place the following at the bottom of my posts:
POSTED AS A FORUM MEMBER AND THE CONTENTS ARE NOT IN ANY WAY REFLECTIVE OF MY ASSIGNED DUTIES AS A MODERATOR!

Furthermore, I posted the following commitment:
As far as any of my activities as a MOD goes, I will make the following commitment:
1) I will NEVER change a poster's original wording
2) Should I see a post, which in my opinion, needs some revision in wording or content, I will insert a comment below the original posting where I identify the possible problem and suggest that the OP might want to revise their original writings. This comment will be made in a different color and I will identify myself.
3) If the OP makes the suggested revision - I will remove the comment and thank the poster for the change.
4) Should I see a post requiring moving - I will again post a statement to that effect.

After all, the rules are very basic and simple on this forum. The last thing this forum needs is any heavy handed moderating or the development of the US against the MODS pissing match!

If any forum members have comments or suggestions regarding the above, please feel free to comment either publicly or in a PM to me. The contents of any PM's are exactly that - Private Message - and the contents will not be revealed in the public forum.

Being a MOD is in no way a "power trip" but in reality, a commitment to perform the duties assigned by the ADMIN to try and assure the ongoing success of the FORUM.

As of this date, I only participate in MexConnect and the above named forum, which satisfy our needs for info to plan our travels through Mexico.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

tonyburton

Jan 17, 2010, 5:24 PM

Post #5 of 22 (7954 views)

Shortcut

Thanks for the kind words.
As Rolly has pointed out, there are several other moderators, including the outstanding Rolly himself and Pete, who does a splendid job on the technical forum, Jim in Cancun, etc etc - and we musn't forget our webjefe (David McL) who keeps his weather-eye open on the forums.
Tony

lamur

Jan 17, 2010, 8:27 PM

Post #6 of 22 (7898 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Moderators

Obviously I didn't go through all of the forums...Hi Rolly Hi Pete! Didn't mean to leave you out. I didn't realize that there had been a HUGE change...when did that happen? I guess I can go back to being me.

Kip

esperanza

Jan 17, 2010, 9:56 PM

Post #7 of 22 (7881 views)

Shortcut

Thanks, everyone, for your very kind words. It's all of you who make MexConnect what it is--TERRIFIC!

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

prmjcm

Jan 18, 2010, 9:48 AM

Post #8 of 22 (7820 views)

Shortcut

I would also like to thank all the people that make mex connect the wonderful site that it is.

Pat

Gringal

Jan 18, 2010, 12:04 PM

Post #9 of 22 (7797 views)

Shortcut

Re: [prmjcm] Moderators

First class job, all you mods. Sometimes a thankless job.....but thanks from me.

see saw sallie

Jan 18, 2010, 7:36 PM

Post #10 of 22 (7749 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Moderators

Pete is that quiet guy who is always "back there" and ready when you need him. Had no idea he was a mod too. I wasn't paying attention very well.

tonyburton

Jan 19, 2010, 3:24 PM

Post #11 of 22 (7657 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Moderators - and also....

Having to reply to my own post - how could I possibly have forgotten the incomparable:
  • Roy in Xalapa
  • Marlene in Mazatlan, and
  • Olivia (sergiogomez) on the Spanish forum??
Must have been the exceptionally chilly weather in Ajijic last week - my heartfelt apologies,
mea culpa,
Tony

Hound Dog

Jan 19, 2010, 7:46 PM

Post #12 of 22 (7625 views)

Shortcut

Praising moderators is the lowest and most vile form of unctuousness on the planet. It is akin to giving a bottle of fine calvados to a substitute third grade homeroom teacher, A more despicable act of self-flaggelation cannot be imagined.

That having been said; the moderators hereabouts have shown remarkable restraint when compared to the pious, uncompensated (except throgh ffatuous intellectual recompense) and and self-centered moderators on another Mexican oriented forum with which the Dawg is familiar.

(This post was edited by Hound Dog on Jan 19, 2010, 7:48 PM)

Rolly

Jan 19, 2010, 8:56 PM

Post #13 of 22 (7600 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Hound Dog] Moderators

Brigitte, please put a breathalyser switch on his keyboard.

Rolly Pirate

jerezano

Jan 20, 2010, 7:19 AM

Post #14 of 22 (7561 views)

Shortcut

Hello Dawg.

As a successful banker and financial advisor you certainly learned "to give praise where praise is due.

So admit that our moderators here on www.mexconnectl.com are doing a very good job.

You more or less say so in your last paragraph:

>>>>That having been said; the moderators hereabouts have shown remarkable restraint when compared
to the pious, uncompensated (except throgh ffatuous intellectual recompense) and and self-centered
moderators on another Mexican oriented forum with which the Dawg is familiar.<<<

This paragraph, I think, expresses your true feelings although said in the fine print language of bankers and financiers.
Why don't you put something like this in 'bama red-neck language that even a Californian can understand?

Hasta luego. jerezano.

(This post was edited by jerezano on Jan 20, 2010, 7:29 AM)

Gringal

Jan 20, 2010, 7:20 AM

Post #15 of 22 (7561 views)

Shortcut

Since when is a compliment for a job well done out of order? Besides that, you've managed to evade banning on here so far, which says something for the level of tolerance for non-obscene general snottiness. Get a hanky.

Hound Dog

Jan 20, 2010, 8:15 AM

Post #16 of 22 (7544 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jerezano] Moderators

Why don't you put something like this in 'bama red-neck language that even a Californian can understand?

Yáll mods is doin´ a mighy fahn job. y´heah?

How´s that jerezano? Makes me feel like Tennessee Williams writing the script for Baby Doll. Remember that, with Karl Malden, Carol Baker and Eli Wallach? They don´t make movies like they used to, thank God.

jerezano

Jan 20, 2010, 4:16 PM

Post #17 of 22 (7483 views)

Shortcut

Hello Dawg,

Hurray! I can understand "Yáll mods is doin´ a mighy fahn job. y´heah?". Now that I can understand, and since it is right on, I would guess that is what your really feel about our moderators.

Thanks a lot.

jerezano.

lamur

Feb 4, 2010, 12:42 PM

Post #18 of 22 (7325 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jerezano] Moderators

I tried to delete the original comment, but I guess there's a time limit

Hound Dog

Feb 4, 2010, 2:11 PM

Post #19 of 22 (7294 views)

Shortcut

tried to delete the original comment, but I guess there's a time limit

Don´t worry about it Lamur. The cantankerous part of the thread was all in fun thanks to your justly praising the moderators for a job well done and giving some old timers a chance to have some fun with one another.

lamur

Feb 4, 2010, 3:12 PM

Post #20 of 22 (7273 views)

Shortcut

Nah Bama Boy.that's not it. My opinion changed is all.

BajaGringo

Feb 4, 2010, 5:58 PM

Post #21 of 22 (7235 views)

Shortcut

I always say that if you haven't been banned from a forum or two in your lifetime you probably don't have anything too interesting to say...

(JUST KIDDING!!!)

Our House Building Project in Mexico...
Lomas de San Martin
Loving Life on the Baja Peninsula

sergiogomez

Feb 6, 2010, 6:33 PM

Post #22 of 22 (7127 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Moderators

In Reply To
Brigitte, please put a breathalyser switch on his keyboard.

Hey, I like that idea! :)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4