Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Practice & Help Forum

sparks

Oct 23, 2002, 6:09 AM

Post #1 of 5 (32297 views)

Shortcut

Questions - Cookies expire and names disallow list

Can't Post |
I noticed this moring the boards still recognize me. Do cookies expire and what happens when I use another computer from work, two cookies?

Is there a names dissalow list

Thamks

DavidMcL

Oct 23, 2002, 10:16 AM

Post #2 of 5 (32264 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] Questions - Cookies expire and names disallow list

Can't Post | Private Reply
The cookies reside on your machine, thus on a new machine, you would have to retype the ID and password.

The cookies expiration will be dependent upon how you manage the cookies on your machine!
David McL
WebJefe

jennifer rose

Oct 23, 2002, 10:42 AM

Post #3 of 5 (32264 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] Questions - Cookies expire and names disallow list

Can't Post |
Garsh, Sparky. Now that you've been admitted to this august group, you wanna shut the barn door to others already? <g>

sparks

Oct 23, 2002, 11:43 AM

Post #4 of 5 (32257 views)

Shortcut

Re: [davidmcl] Questions - Cookies expire and names disallow list

Can't Post |

In Reply To
The cookies reside on your machine, thus on a new machine, you would have to retype the ID and password.

The cookies expiration will be dependent upon how you manage the cookies on your machine!

Well I don't delete my c:\windows\cookies\*.* with a batch file ... but there is a such thing as an expiring cookie. Lonely Planet said they had to use them .... and I think the reasoning was Internet cafe users and abuse.

I was also thinking about shared computers in a house unless those who post as "Marge and Homer" really are of the same mind.

sparks

Oct 23, 2002, 11:47 AM

Post #5 of 5 (32257 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jenniferrose] Questions - Cookies expire and names disallow list

Can't Post |

In Reply To
Garsh, Sparky. Now that you've been admitted to this august group, you wanna shut the barn door to others already? <g>

No ... just noticed one of my alter egos was taken. Oh well, no time for that anymore!

smily attempt [;=)]

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4