Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

taltman711

Jan 8, 2010, 7:57 AM

Post #1 of 4 (7183 views)

Shortcut

Dish Network Reminder

Can't Post | Private Reply
Just a note to the Dish subscribers. In early March, E-14 will be launched to the 119 satellite location. The 119 slot carries a lot of Dish's http://www.satelliteguys.us/...h=dn119&sub=true core programming. The new satellite, if successfully launched, should be operational by sometime in May. The big deal about this is that the beam coming from this new satellite is much more focused and may not have much bleed over as far south as Chapala. As you recall, there were lost transponders when Ciel2 started broadcasting from 110. As 119 has core programming, it may be more of a problem. I would bet that there will be lost programming. It may be that Shaw (formerly Starchoice) will be the best alternative for English speaking programming.

Tim

johanson / Moderator

Jan 8, 2010, 10:58 AM

Post #2 of 4 (7167 views)

Shortcut

Re: [taltman711] Dish Network Reminder

Thanks for the reminder. I knew about the March date but did not know when the new bird would go active.

Now don't laugh. There is another alternative. That's using that big old dish on your roof, you know C band along with their digital 4DTV tuner. I still have my old 922 (I like Shaw better).

To see their programming lineup go to http://www.callnps.com/default.htm
and work your way into programming. They are getting fewer and fewer subscribers so one of these day they may stop offering this service. But if you've already got the equipment, you might give it a try, should we loose too many channels on DISH.

miketinsfo

Jan 9, 2010, 8:41 AM

Post #3 of 4 (7140 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Dish Network Reminder

We are in SMA and have been using Dish for last few years. Resigned to the fact that 119 is a losing proposition in the long run. Already have picked up a DSR207 for Shaw and discussed with our local sat expert. He indicates we can use our 1.2 dish unless we want the HD's. Just need a new LNBF. Does that sound about right?

johanson / Moderator

Jan 9, 2010, 9:25 AM

Post #4 of 4 (7132 views)

Shortcut

Re: [miketinsfo] Dish Network Reminder

Yes. Or you could simply get the Star Choice (Shaw Direct) 75 E elliptical dish and matching electronics the next time you are in Canada, should you be from there. It measures 36.5 inches by 26.5 inches and points at both satellites. It's quite cheap up north and rather expensive in Mexico

You might be better off using a second dish as well along with the new LNB rather than trying to place it on the same DISH. Your satellite dealer would know the answer to that.

One gets an excellent signal in the greater Guadalajara area with this 75 E elliptical dish

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4