Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Hound Dog

Jan 4, 2010, 6:45 AM

Post #1 of 10 (9620 views)

Shortcut

S.O.S.E. Security - Chapala

| Private Reply
We had an elaborate motion detecting/entry door fully and constantly monitored home alarm system installed by this company about three months ago. Someone on another board is poor-mouthing this company saying that they cannot be depended upon to respond to the alarm when it is tripped based upon what this person, who lives in a gated development in West Ajijic, has said he has been told by friends or neighbors. Well, we have had two attempted break-ins on our property during the past three months, one at 4:00AM and one at 3:00AM, and we have also had several false alarms as we and various guests got used to the system and the company has always called immediately and, if warranted, as in the attempted break-ins, has had a representative and the cops at our property within minutes. The company´s management of the alarm system and its absolutely dependable immediate response time have both been exemplary in every respect. I don´t post on that board so am posting here instead. I consider it highly irresponsible for someone to publicly impugn this company´s excellent reputation and performance on a community forum based strictly upon hearsay and I´m surprised that other board allows such untoward behavior.

We highly recommend S.O.S.E. in every respect. S.O.S.E. is not cheap but it seems to me one does not get cheap with an alarm system that can protect you from having your home trashed or being assaulted in your home in the middle of the night. By the way, we have lived at Lakeside for nine years and never felt the need for this sort of security in all that time until this year. Don´t tell me times haven´t changed.

This alarm system scares the living hell out of these punks and they have managed to escape both times the motion detector in our garden went off before they entered our home and before the cops got there. We, therefore, put up some concertina wire atop our surrounding stone walls and, so far, have had no additional problems since.

(This post was edited by Hound Dog on Jan 4, 2010, 6:48 AM)

Zardoz

Jan 4, 2010, 6:52 AM

Post #2 of 10 (9603 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Hound Dog] S.O.S.E. Security - Chapala

| Private Reply
I am very glad your system is working but I am sorry you have to go though all this. It is rather sad but the
good thing is the system works.

Z

Hound Dog

Jan 6, 2010, 5:46 PM

Post #3 of 10 (9329 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
This thread has been arbitrarily and improperly edited by the moderator. I would delete the entire thread had I the capacity to do so but I do not. I request the immediate deletion of my comment by the moderator. You will not hear from me on this subject again.

I was trying to come to the aid of a fine local business deserving accolades. I have better things to do.

(This post was edited by Hound Dog on Jan 6, 2010, 5:48 PM)

Anonimo

Jan 7, 2010, 4:47 AM

Post #4 of 10 (9291 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
But, HD; the "replies" count is at 4294967295. Where are all those replies?

Saludos,
Anonimo

Zardoz

Jan 7, 2010, 6:35 AM

Post #5 of 10 (9275 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] S.O.S.E. Security - Chapala

| Private Reply

In Reply To
But, HD; the "replies" count is at 4294967295. Where are all those replies?

When you break a thread and remove stuff on this forum sometimes the counter goes nuts. It has happened before.
My guess is it involves a counter that ends up with a broken formula thus the large number.

Z

Gringal

Jan 7, 2010, 8:02 AM

Post #6 of 10 (9255 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Lookee here, dawg: Everyone over on that board knows who is who and who is worth the time of day, or not.
I don't know whether you've been banned or just don't wanto to go there, but whatever is the case, you got your message across loud and clear, truncated or not.

Glad to hear your new system is keeping the ants out of your picnic.

Hound Dog

Jan 7, 2010, 12:25 PM

Post #7 of 10 (9221 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] S.O.S.E. Security - Chapala

| Private Reply
OK, so perhaps my response was a bit overheated. I simply became unglued at the notion that some irresponsible muttonhead could defame a company that through its diligent monitoring of my property during my absence while I was in Pátzcuaro for two days, absolutely prevented a home burglary that might have not only resulted in property damage to us but an assault against our hired house sitter at 4:00AM were it not for the alarm system they installed. Imagine publicly posting damaging inforrmation against a local alarm company that could severely damage their business based upon undocumented hearsay from irresponsible sources. That strikes me as grossly irresponsible behavior. I want to see moderators and forum managers reign in belicose puntbrains who have no idea of what they speak. Say whatever you wish but don´t hurt others undeserving of your phony disdain in the process unless you wish to take your case to court as an unsympathetic foreign airhead.

(This post was edited by Hound Dog on Jan 7, 2010, 12:39 PM)

arbon

Jan 7, 2010, 12:59 PM

Post #8 of 10 (9200 views)

Shortcut

|
"Dog" with the increase of crime locally, what are the chances that another "Gringo" is just testing your S.O.S.E.

"what's good for the goose is good for the gander" Eh
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hound Dog

Jan 8, 2010, 6:34 AM

Post #9 of 10 (9118 views)

Shortcut

Re: [arbon] S.O.S.E. Security - Chapala

| Private Reply
Dog" with the increase of crime locally, what are the chances that another "Gringo" is just testing your S.O.S.E.

Now, now Arbon:

Dawg is an extranjero retired in Mexico. One of the places in which Dawg lives is Chiapas State where the term "gringo" is considered a racial epithet so when you are looking around down there for Dawg to buy me some cerveza, please refrain from canvassing locals for the "fat gringo from Alabama often seen hanging out in the barrio plaza" or they might think you are disdaining me. Furthermore, I am normally from San Francisco having left Tuscaloosa in 1966; however, this morning I am from Alabama once again relishing Texas´ humiliation last night. Roll Tide!

The point of Dawg´s OP was that it was grossly unfair for the poster on another forum to defame a local company based upon hearsay and especially when the criticism he leveled at the company was that it could not be depended upon to rerpond to home alarms as it is obligated to do under contract with its clients. After all, if an alarm company managing a constantly monitored motion detecting system and charging a monthly fee for that service cannot be depended upon to respond when the system is tripped, then it has nothing to sell that has any real value as it did on the night at 4:00AM when two guys tried to break into our house and they responded with the local cops within minutes. That sort of comment based upon hearsay is irresponsible at best.

Let me repeat for the record, our experience with S.O.S.E. has been flawless both in consistency and timeliness of its response to our tripped home alarm since the system was installed. If anyone wants to criticize this company´s or any other company´s responsiveness, please do so based on direct personal experience rather than hearsay.

OK. No more on this subject except to say that, so far, I highly recommend this company to anyone thinking of installing a home alarm system.

(This post was edited by Hound Dog on Jan 8, 2010, 10:13 AM)

DavidMcL

Jan 8, 2010, 4:01 PM

Post #10 of 10 (9059 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
'nuff said.

Thread locked

David
David McL
WebJefe

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4