Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Rolly

Dec 25, 2009, 5:03 PM

Post #26 of 38 (6958 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Reefhound] Monterrey

Can't Post | Private Reply
Perhaps, you don't have the latest version. The image date is clearly shown on mine. I have version 5.1.3533.1731.

The data bar shows: Imagery date, location coordinates, terrain elevation and eye altitude.

Rolly Pirate

Reefhound

Dec 25, 2009, 5:10 PM

Post #27 of 38 (6954 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Monterrey

I have exact same version and I see lat/long coords, elevation, and eye altitude. I don't see anything in the View menu or Tools/Options that would apply.

So what date do you show for Rio Verde?

Never mind, I see it. It doesn't display until you are zoomed in enough.

(This post was edited by Reefhound on Dec 25, 2009, 5:11 PM)

mensamia

Dec 26, 2009, 6:02 AM

Post #28 of 38 (6918 views)

Shortcut

Thanks Rolly,

I wonder if there is an online map of Mexico showing the location of the ejido land? Or even state maps outlining ejido land.

jerezano

Dec 26, 2009, 7:07 AM

Post #29 of 38 (6909 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mensamia] Monterrey

Hello mensamia,

You asked:>>>>I wonder if there is an online map of Mexico showing the location of the ejido land? Or even state maps outlining ejido land. <<

Hello mensamia,

You asked>>>I wonder if there is an online map of Mexico showing the location of the ejido land? Or even state maps outlining ejido land.

No, I don't believe there are such maps. Even INEGI does not usually show whether the land at a specific location is ejido or not. Or
at least I have not been able to determine without actually going there and asking. I, too, would be interested in such a map if anybody
knows of such.

Hasta luego. jerezano.

Rolly

Dec 26, 2009, 8:20 AM

Post #30 of 38 (6906 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jerezano] Monterrey

That's right, maps of ejidos are hard to find. If you find a map, it may not be up-to-date because many ejidos are selling off their land -- sometimes to private parties but more commonly to expanding cities. Also, ejidos are not always contiguous; they may be fractured into several tracks.

The only place where you can get reliable information is directly from the ejido. All ejidos will have an elected administrator, el presidente. The larger and more prosperous ones will have a formal office. In Lerdo, the ejido office has three full-time employees and the largest assembly space in downtown Lerdo.

Rolly Pirate

mazbook1

Dec 26, 2009, 1:44 PM

Post #31 of 38 (6876 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Reefhound] Monterrey

Yes, most seem to have only the copyright date (both Google and whoever they purchased it from), but others will additionally have the actual year and month the photo was taken. There doesn't seem to be any particular reason for one or the other. The actual date is sometimes off to the left of the copyright date.

mensamia

Jan 6, 2010, 8:57 PM

Post #32 of 38 (6723 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jerezano] Monterrey

In Reply To
Hello mensamia,

You asked:>>>>I wonder if there is an online map of Mexico showing the location of the ejido land? Or even state maps outlining ejido land. <<

Hello mensamia,

You asked>>>I wonder if there is an online map of Mexico showing the location of the ejido land? Or even state maps outlining ejido land.

No, I don't believe there are such maps. Even INEGI does not usually show whether the land at a specific location is ejido or not. Or
at least I have not been able to determine without actually going there and asking. I, too, would be interested in such a map if anybody
knows of such.

Hasta luego. jerezano.

mensamia

Jan 6, 2010, 8:58 PM

Post #33 of 38 (6724 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
That's right, maps of ejidos are hard to find. If you find a map, it may not be up-to-date because many ejidos are selling off their land -- sometimes to private parties but more commonly to expanding cities. Also, ejidos are not always contiguous; they may be fractured into several tracks.

The only place where you can get reliable information is directly from the ejido. All ejidos will have an elected administrator, el presidente. The larger and more prosperous ones will have a formal office. In Lerdo, the ejido office has three full-time employees and the largest assembly space in downtown Lerdo.

thanks Rolly, very interesting. Will go to el presidente :)

jeffob

Jan 21, 2010, 1:04 PM

Post #34 of 38 (6572 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Starcradle] Monterrey

They wore ski jackets and bundled up in Dec when the temp dropped to a frigid 25 degrees c. to me, a canuck, it felt like a late june evening. I did lsten to them before I went and packed no shorts or flip flops and wish I had... all advice from now on will be taken with a big grain of Mexican salt

jeffob

Jan 21, 2010, 1:08 PM

Post #35 of 38 (6571 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bethie] Monterrey

We went up to the obispado and the giant flag. You could see the haze and my eyes did sting- In July. Not so bad on the streets or at night though

jeffob

Jan 21, 2010, 1:11 PM

Post #36 of 38 (6571 views)

Shortcut

The malls are the place to be in the summer, take in a movie, visit the art gallery and stroll the canal, visit macroplaza. If you are like me, you will swear you are the only gringo in the city! visit la huasteca, take a trip to Real de Catorce -

jeffob

Jan 21, 2010, 1:12 PM

Post #37 of 38 (6570 views)

Shortcut

Monterry was huge dry in July. I saw air conditioners aplenty in the superstores...

Starcradle

Jan 22, 2010, 11:43 AM

Post #38 of 38 (6519 views)

Shortcut

Re: Monterrey

Thank you for the continued responses.

Is anyone at all familiar with the Apodaca area in Monterrey?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4