Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

Peter

Dec 27, 2009, 6:02 AM

Post #1 of 5 (6058 views)

Shortcut

Valle de Bravo

Can't Post | Private Reply
Does anyone have info to relate about Valle de Bravo, Edo de Mexico? I passed through there once about three years ago enroute from Zitacuaro, Michoacán to Tejupilco, Mexico. The place was eye-catching and I had to stop to look around briefly. It is known for hang gliding where the fliers launch from the surrounding hills out over a punchbowl lake presummably flying to the other side.

Leaving there it was a short hop out to Hwy 134 that runs from Toluca out to Ixtapa. They were widening the road three years ago and now it is probably a full-blown autopista all the way to the coast. I'm curious if anyone here has travelled that way more recently.

I couldn't get any of my Mexican friends to go along with me. They cited problems with police and other things about Edo de Mexico. Truth is that most locals I know seldom travel anywhere which is probably more the reason for declining the journey. Anyone here had good or bad experiences travelling through there?

(This post was edited by Peter on Dec 27, 2009, 6:03 AM)

TigerTonio

Dec 27, 2009, 1:24 PM

Post #2 of 5 (6024 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Peter] Valle de Bravo

I stayed in Valle de Bravo with friends Mexican friends from Morelia last year and we had a great time. Take a lake tour and see some of the beautiful houses on the perimeter. A little chilly at this time of the year. Problems with police in estado de Mexico? Not me. It's a gorgeous state.

Peter

Dec 28, 2009, 7:01 AM

Post #3 of 5 (5964 views)

Shortcut

Re: [TigerTonio] Valle de Bravo

Thanks for that tip, I'll make a point of revisiting sometime and take the tour. I only stumbled on Valle de Bravo by accident when looking for a way of avoiding Toluca and seeing some backroads places but it is apparent I didn't find a low-rent district there.

I had no trouble at all with the police and it was a very nice trip. I enjoyed Tejupilco very much as well and was made to feel quite welcome by the family I visited there. I met two sisters from that town while they were working on a catering truck in California. Their visas would expire and they returned to Mexico, I promised to visit them in their hometown. The two sister's names were Mari y Juana, very beautiful both of them, and I guess their parents had a sense of humor.

Papirex

Dec 28, 2009, 7:53 AM

Post #4 of 5 (5957 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Peter] Valle de Bravo

Before we moved to México permanently my wife used to need to make a trip home once per year for two or three months every year for medical treatment. On one of those trips she visited a longtime girlfriend in Valle De Bravo. Her friend worked for a bank and had been transferred there.

She told me that at that time, many retired Mexican government officials and other well-to-do Mexicans lived there and they had very good police protection, and the crime rate was very low. It was also an expensive place to live at that time.

I have never been there myself so I have no idea of what the conditions are there now. It seemed to be a little too cool in the winter and out of the way from where we like to be to consider living there for us.

Rex
"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved" - Victor Hugo

mexliving

Dec 28, 2009, 5:17 PM

Post #5 of 5 (5912 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Papirex] Valle de Bravo

i was just talking to a buddy last week about VALLE DE BRAVO... simply beautifull... i would say an upscale community.

you can find the very few rentals through www.vrbo.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4