Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Practice & Help Forum

Oct 22, 2002, 2:38 PM

Post #1 of 3 (15453 views)

Shortcut

Questions for moderator

Can't Post |
The new format looks workable but I have a few questions.

1. Is there a help page for using the new forum format?

2. Does one need to log in to post?

3. Can one use the same username/password as for mexconnect email?

4. I notice that after I browse some posts that the browsed links don't change color showing which posts I have or have not seen. Can I enable this somehow?

DavidMcL

Oct 22, 2002, 2:52 PM

Post #2 of 3 (15450 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Guest] Questions for moderator

Can't Post | Private Reply
The new format looks workable but I have a few questions.

1. Is there a help page for using the new forum format?

Working on it!

2. Does one need to log in to post?

On all but the Practice Forum, Yes.

3. Can one use the same username/password as for mexconnect email?

Yes!

4. I notice that after I browse some posts that the browsed links don't change color showing which posts I have or have not seen. Can I enable this somehow?

Set your browser to refresh every time, OR refresh/reload OR don't use the back button, but rather click on the Forum's name (as in this case Home: General: Practice Forum)
When you use the "Back" function, think of it as going back in time - to the earlier version of the page. Why? because back gives you the version of the page that your browser has cached (stored), NOT the new version with the colour changes resulting from you having read a message.

Good Questions!
David McL
WebJefe

Bill Moon

Oct 22, 2002, 3:10 PM

Post #3 of 3 (15444 views)

Shortcut

but..but..but

Can't Post |
Regarding question 4, color changes, when I start at the list of posts, click on a post to view it, then click 'jump to forum' to get back to the list of posts, all the posts are still the same color. As an aside, I find the new font harder to read and it is hard to tell what the color actually is anyway.
Thanks,
Bill

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4