Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

Gerardo Lopez77

Dec 17, 2009, 9:29 AM

Post #1 of 5 (7853 views)

Shortcut

Buying a computer

Can't Post | Private Reply
I need to buy a good NEW or good refurbished computer (desktop) and a color laser printer...but CHEAP.
I have seen prices of 3500 pesos for a desktop...but since then I have moved south from DF. Any places or info?

Rolly

Dec 17, 2009, 11:28 AM

Post #2 of 5 (7820 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gerardo Lopez77] Buying a computer

Your best bet for finding a good used computer will be a local computer repair store. Large places like Sam's, Costco, etc, are good places to buy a new computer with a warranty. Everything is going to have Spanish versions of Windows and a Spanish keyboard. It is likely that the local repair guy can load an English Windows and provide an English keyboard if that is important to you. But the bundled software is probably going to be in Spanish.

Tell us where you live, and perhaps someone can point you to a good starting place.

Rolly Pirate

morgaine7

Dec 17, 2009, 11:55 AM

Post #3 of 5 (7815 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gerardo Lopez77] Buying a computer

A friend of mine just bought a new one by phone from Dell México. She was able to order it with the English version of Windows 7 and also configure it to her needs (e.g., extra memory, only the CPU because she already had new a monitor and keyboard). She actually chose her configuration online, but I think the English OS required the phone call. http://www.dell.com.mx/

She did check local computer shops. They had good deals, but for Windows in English, the only option was the priciest OEM version of Windows 7 ... an additional 3,700 pesos. Ouch!

Kate

adwardzen

Jan 20, 2010, 2:33 AM

Post #4 of 5 (7520 views)

Shortcut

Re: [morgaine7] Buying a computer

Hi, I think its always better to get new computer instead of buying 2nd sale. Now we are getting new computer for very basic price!! My sincere advise is go for new Computer,,,,

laptop pc repair
[url=http://www.fixitlocal.co.uk/web/Services/pc%2845%29mac%2845%29health%2845%29check.shtml]pc health check software

Reefhound

Jan 20, 2010, 10:20 AM

Post #5 of 5 (7489 views)

Shortcut

Re: [morgaine7] Buying a computer

Windows 7 Ultimate allows you to switch between different language packs but as you noted it is 2 or 3 times more expensive than basic Windows 7. Not worth the money IMO. It has other extra features but your average user probably doesn't need them.

I am not recommending or advocating it, but there are hacks to let you install another language pack on your basic Windows 7. Obviously not supported by Micro$oft. Your local computer geek might do that for a little somethin' special.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4