Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

BMW

Jul 6, 2002, 3:34 PM

Post #1 of 7 (6771 views)

Shortcut

Private medical insurance in Mexico

Can't Post |
In researching retirement in Mexico I discovered that Medicare stops at the border and subsequently found that my lifetime coverage through Cigna may be good for extended travel reimbursement but is doubtful for foreign residency. The extended travel thing would only be good for a limited period so I'm faced with the need to buy medical insurance in Mexico.
I know about IMSS but would like to know about prices and coverage for private Insurance.Can anyone advise me as to their experience or point me to a website that will give that information.
Thanks.

Jaime

Jul 6, 2002, 4:18 PM

Post #2 of 7 (6760 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Check any insurance company, they carry life, car and medical insurance, as well as other types of insurance. Look for "Gastos Medicos Mayores" at the website of Seguros Comercial America.

Cynthia Mason

Jul 6, 2002, 7:03 PM

Post #3 of 7 (6762 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
: In researching retirement in Mexico I discovered that Medicare stops at the border and subsequently found that my lifetime coverage through Cigna may be good for extended travel reimbursement but is doubtful for foreign residency. The extended travel thing would only be good for a limited period so I'm faced with the need to buy medical insurance in Mexico.
: I know about IMSS but would like to know about prices and coverage for private Insurance.Can anyone advise me as to their experience or point me to a website that will give that information.
: Thanks.<p>Check out BUPA and Exeter Friendly Society.

Marvin Kemel

Jul 7, 2002, 3:52 PM

Post #4 of 7 (6762 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Be prepared for the following with Mexican Ins Companies: medical exam, huge deductable, very costly, age limits.etc.

Jennifer

Jul 9, 2002, 5:33 PM

Post #5 of 7 (6770 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
I am in the process of moving back to cancun and have been researching this whole medical situtation as well. Here is what I have found so far...IMG (international medical group)
407 north fulton street Indianapolis, IN
800-628-4664<p>The quote they gave me (i am 27 female) with a 500 deductable (major medical insurance)to cover pretty much everything all over the world..IS $1,025 a year!!!! <p>Another insurance company is Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Delaware...(international Division)
800-342-0719<p>Ins.of America 800-647-4589<p>Clicseguros.com 800-975-7363 (they offer a bunch of different insurance agents.<p>Also State Farms carries international health insurance....<p>I haven't called all of these, just IMG i am in the process of doing that all now. Hope this helps<p><p><p>: In researching retirement in Mexico I discovered that Medicare stops at the border and subsequently found that my lifetime coverage through Cigna may be good for extended travel reimbursement but is doubtful for foreign residency. The extended travel thing would only be good for a limited period so I'm faced with the need to buy medical insurance in Mexico.
: I know about IMSS but would like to know about prices and coverage for private Insurance.Can anyone advise me as to their experience or point me to a website that will give that information.
: Thanks.<p>

Joel Ruiz

Jul 11, 2002, 12:36 AM

Post #6 of 7 (6774 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
As a insurance broker I design and place health insurance with major mexican insurance companies which are giving good service and support. I help foreign residents since 1996 specialized in health and life programs.<p>Seguros Monterrey New York Life
ING Seguros Comercial America
Grupo Nacional Provincial<p>Are insurance companies that will have a policy that meets your needs, please contact me for more information.<p>Working lakeside Ajijic in Mexico with a large number of expats, US, Canadian and other nationalities.<p><p><p>: In researching retirement in Mexico I discovered that Medicare stops at the border and subsequently found that my lifetime coverage through Cigna may be good for extended travel reimbursement but is doubtful for foreign residency. The extended travel thing would only be good for a limited period so I'm faced with the need to buy medical insurance in Mexico.
: Thanks.<p>

BMW

Jul 14, 2002, 3:34 PM

Post #7 of 7 (6759 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
: Thanks to all who responded!<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4