Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

mcallen

Dec 6, 2009, 11:03 AM

Post #1 of 6 (8567 views)

Shortcut

veh regisration

Can't Post | Private Reply
We are moving to the punta banda area,south of ensenada, baja. I was wondering if any can tell me the best way to keep oregon registration on vehicles, while living mostly full time in baja, many thanks to all for thier experiance and time, Gary McAllen

Rolly

Dec 6, 2009, 11:10 AM

Post #2 of 6 (8556 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mcallen] veh regisration

Perhaps it would be better for you to direct the question to the Oregon DMV. It's their rules you must follow.

You are correct to be concerned because in Baja, unlike on the mainland of México, foreign plates must be current.

Rolly Pirate

mcallen

Dec 6, 2009, 11:40 AM

Post #3 of 6 (8545 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] veh regisration

Hi Rolly,
Many thanks for the prompt reply, we will see them and see the best way to keep oregon plates on all rigs, while full timing at the Bufadora. Gary

BajaGringo

Dec 6, 2009, 12:52 PM

Post #4 of 6 (8532 views)

Shortcut

Gary, most folks here in northern Baja use a San Diego / San Ysidro mail box for that purpose. If Oregon will not mail it out of state you can just use the address of a friend or family member in Oregon and have them forward it to you. The added benefit of having a private mail box (non post office) is that they will receive packages via UPS/FedEx for you as well...

TalkBaja: Over 25K members...

mcallen

Dec 6, 2009, 5:06 PM

Post #5 of 6 (8504 views)

Shortcut

Re: [BajaGringo] veh regisration

Baja Gringo, Howdy, and many thanks for the prompt reply, will have my sis cover mail from up here and then send the mail to the San Diego Box we will rent, and that handles that. Hoping to come "home" next October, buy ya a beer if you get around the Bufadora below Ensenada around that time, Buenos Noches amigo, Gary McAllen

BajaGringo

Dec 6, 2009, 5:44 PM

Post #6 of 6 (8496 views)

Shortcut

You got a deal friend...

TalkBaja: Over 25K members...

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4