Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Hound Dog

Dec 5, 2009, 7:49 PM

Post #1 of 3 (3698 views)

Shortcut

General Lee - Burgers & Booze

Can't Post | Private Reply
Danny has himelf a new partner/cook to broil his great hamburgers at General Lee on Ocampo behind the Danza Del Sol Hotel in West Ajijic. They also serve seafood tacos but what Dawg really likes there is those great burgers and the fine selection of top-end booze in a town where fine cocktails are hard to find. Dawg always orders the "India Burger" because I am nuts about a burger made with Indian spices although, as we know, Indians are not big on eating beef since that might very well be the recently departed Uncle Ralph but I can get by that without losing any sleep. Danny´s new partner is experimentimg with salsas and has come up with some good ideas although his salsas need more spiciness so I have suggested he have regular "honky" salsa and a more picante "Dawg" salsa for the more adventurous diner. Go by and try this bar/restaurant. The best burgers in town.

jayclay

Dec 6, 2009, 8:54 AM

Post #2 of 3 (3636 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Manuel Dexterity] General Lee - Burgers & Booze

When is this joint open? I've read your glowing reports and stopped by several times: always been closed.

Hound Dog

Dec 7, 2009, 10:39 AM

Post #3 of 3 (3532 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jayclay] General Lee - Burgers & Booze

When is this joint open? I've read your glowing reports and stopped by several times: always been closed.

Danny was ill for a couple of weeks and also seeking a new partner to fix the burgers which, as I indicated abpve, he now believes he has found. He, unfortunately had to shut down for a while due to illness ahich he has conquered. He has now re-opened and is open for business Tuesday through Sunday from 2:00PM until something like 10:00PM. I think he plans to start opening at 1:00PM which is a good idea in my opinion.

Danny´s concept for a high-end bar serving hamburgers and seafood tacos is a bit unusual for this town and is modeled after popular beach bars in Baja on the Sea of Cortez but he has a great property and great food and cocktail ideas.

Dawg hopes he succeeds.

Search this forum this category all forums for All words Any words Whole Phrase (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4