Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

prmjcm

Nov 18, 2009, 12:50 PM

Post #1 of 10 (9525 views)

Shortcut

computers in mexico

Can't Post | Private Reply
Are there any suggestions on how to buy a computer in Mexico that is in english with a english style keypad, I am going to need a new one, I haven't found any, The internet would be fine if anyone knows a website, I am close to Leon, Guanajuato so I could shop there, any help would be nice.

Thanks Pat

joaquinx

Nov 18, 2009, 12:55 PM

Post #2 of 10 (9522 views)

Shortcut

Re: [prmjcm] computers in mexico

I doubt if you can find what you want. It would be simpler to go NOB and buy one. Dell will sell you one over the Internet with your requirements and ship it to your Mexican address. There could be other makes - try Googling them.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

Rolly

Nov 18, 2009, 2:25 PM

Post #3 of 10 (9502 views)

Shortcut

I have an old pile of junk I'd be delighted to sell to you. Smile

Dell is a good suggestion.

Rolly Pirate

prmjcm

Nov 18, 2009, 2:34 PM

Post #4 of 10 (9497 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] computers in mexico

The problem with dell is they will not ship to mexico.

Rolly

Nov 18, 2009, 2:46 PM

Post #5 of 10 (9494 views)

Shortcut

Dell has an office in Mexico where you can order a comouter in English, but you have to call them.

Rolly Pirate

Rolly

Nov 18, 2009, 2:50 PM

Post #6 of 10 (9489 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] computers in mexico

Try calling 01-800-111-3355

www.dell.com.mx

Rolly Pirate

sparks

Nov 18, 2009, 4:32 PM

Post #7 of 10 (9473 views)

Shortcut

I would think San Miguel would have computer tech shops just like Chapala lakeside who can put a system together. If you have an existing XP or Vista license they can transfer it.

They tell me here they can't get Vista in English till January and not WIN7 for a long time. Might be able to buy a new XP

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

arbon

Nov 18, 2009, 6:47 PM

Post #8 of 10 (9452 views)

Shortcut

Re: [prmjcm] computers in Mexico

Can't Post |
Dell (English) is available in Mexico, but don't get a computer with Win7 until SP1 (service pack 1) is available.

(Unless you enjoy being a "Guinea Pig")
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RickS

Nov 19, 2009, 12:30 PM

Post #9 of 10 (9416 views)

Shortcut

Re: [arbon] computers in Mexico

"...but don't get a computer with Win7 until SP1 (service pack 1) is available."

Arbon, are you speaking in generalities (Microsoft OS products are 'iffy' right out of the box!) are do you have current experience with an unstable Win7 product?

arbon

Nov 19, 2009, 1:25 PM

Post #10 of 10 (9408 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] computers in Mexico

Can't Post |

In Reply To
"...but don't get a computer with Win7 until SP1 (service pack 1) is available."

Arbon, are you speaking in generalities (Microsoft OS products are 'iffy' right out of the box!) are do you have current experience with an unstable Win7 product? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Having started with the Amiga 2000, then Win95-Win98-(Win98 2nd Ed + updates was/is still good and stable), I then knew who to ask that was not selling something, and we waited for XP SP1, then Vista with SP2, so we will wait for Win7 SP1. XP with SP3 has finished off many early XP machines, does that help? (How many Win7 updates already?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4