Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Home Exchange/Rent/Sale

Glenn

Nov 4, 2009, 7:09 AM

Post #1 of 4 (3642 views)

Shortcut

house in Chapala or Ajijic

Can't Post | Private Reply
We are looking for an inexpensive house to rent for Jan-March or April, 2010 in either Chapala or Ajijic. We are wanting to decide if this is the place we want to live permanently. Needs to be furnished. We have 2 dogs. Non-shedders, not destructive. One is 15 lbs and one is 30 lbs. If you know of anything please send PM. Not looking for fancy, just something in a safe neighborhood, preferably with a small yard. Thanks!
Glen

tashby

Nov 6, 2009, 7:27 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3585 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Glenn] house in Chapala or Ajijic

Always best if you define what you consider "inexpensive" since that's very relative.

And there are a TON of seasonal rentals available if you google local property managers, e.g., "Chapala rentals" or "Ajijic rentals".

Suerte!

Glenn

Nov 7, 2009, 6:44 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3570 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tashby] house in Chapala or Ajijic

Thanks Tashby. I will certainly check out the sites you suggested. I am looking or something under $500/month. Do you think that's possible to find?
glen

tashby

Nov 7, 2009, 12:45 PM

Post #4 of 4 (3552 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Glenn] house in Chapala or Ajijic

Hi,

Yes, that's doable, but your choices will be very limited. Doing an internet search will at least give you some ideas. In GENERAL, I hear Chapala is a bit less expensive than Ajijic. There are also other small communities along the lake (San Antonio, San Juan Cosala, etc.)

I will say this: You will have a lot more success looking for a place once you get down here. E-mailing different property management companies, for example, often gets you nowhere. Once you walk into the office, that all changes and you're "real".

You'll also be able to contact private parties who don't use property managers, and those places tend to be less expensive for obvious reasons.

January through March is the "high" season, so many things will already be rented. But there's always something for rent.

We came down here during the low season (April) with our dog......so we had our pick of places for even a month at a time. If there is any way to get down here (without the dogs) for a few days first, looking will be much easier. That way you could stay in a cheap hotel while you look.

Who knows though. This year with the economic situation you may have more choices than usual. Good luck.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4