Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Southern Mexico

caroljruby

Nov 2, 2009, 2:23 AM

Post #1 of 7 (2477 views)

Shortcut

Hotel needed in Merida

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hola! My friend and I will be visiting Merida for six days beginning on Nov. 10th. We need a recommendation for a mid-priced hotel in or very close to the historic center. We're flying to Cancun and then taking a bus to Merida. Thanks, Carol

fishfrier

Nov 2, 2009, 5:34 AM

Post #2 of 7 (2465 views)

Shortcut

Re: [caroljruby] Hotel needed in Merida

Before we moved to Merida we always stayed at the hotel Dolores Alba when we vacationed here. It's located 3 blocks from the main square and 3 blocks from the main mercado. It has a pool, secure parking, the rooms are very clean and is reasonably priced. There is also a sister hotel near the ruin site of Chichen Itza.

Hound Dog

Nov 2, 2009, 6:09 AM

Post #3 of 7 (2462 views)

Shortcut

Carol:

Please define what you personally mean by mid-priced. I have some ideas but the hotels I have in mind would cost you betwen $750 and $1,000 Pesos per night.

yucatandreamer

Nov 2, 2009, 7:39 AM

Post #4 of 7 (2443 views)

Shortcut

My husband mentioned that we always stayed at the Dolores Alba http://www.doloresalba.com/indexmain.htm#mda but there are many hotels in what I consider a mid-price(around $50.00), and literally hundreds that are more expensive. This magazine is a good source http://yucatantoday.com/ It is a magazine that is paid for by its ad revenue but has some invaluable information.

Personally we were always happy at Delores Alba and for the price you were well taken care of. We stayed there several times over a span of 25 years and each time it was clean, quiet,well run and good value for the money. The owners are on site daily. This is the only hotel in town that we have stayed in and can recommend as a guest.

caroljruby

Nov 2, 2009, 10:39 AM

Post #5 of 7 (2420 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Hound Dog] Hotel needed in Merida

Hound Dog, By mid-priced I mean $30. - $70. (US dollars) per night for a double (two beds) and a private bath. Will I need a room with a/c or will a ceiling fan be enough? I live in Tampa, FL so I'm used to the heat and humidity but the a/c is usually on. Thanks everyone for the info on Hotel Alba. I'll check into it today. Saludos, Carol

yucatandreamer

Nov 2, 2009, 10:52 AM

Post #6 of 7 (2415 views)

Shortcut

I think most hotels in your price range will have air conditioning, but a ceiling fan in November is generally sufficient. It has been hotter than normal this year but it is expected to cool off soon. Nights are running in the low 70s.

Hound Dog

Nov 4, 2009, 1:58 PM

Post #7 of 7 (2368 views)

Shortcut

Hound Dog, By mid-priced I mean $30. - $70. (US dollars) per night for a double (two beds) and a private bath. Will I need a room with a/c or will a ceiling fan be enough? I live in Tampa, FL so I'm used to the heat and
Hound Dog, By mid-priced I mean $30. - $70. (US dollars) per night for a double (two beds) and a private bath. Will I need a room with a/c or will a ceiling fan be enough? I live in Tampa, FL so I'm used to the heat and humidity but the a/c is usually on. Thanks everyone for the info on Hotel Alba. I'll check into it today. Saludos, Carol

Carol:

I think you are getting good advice from others here. Have a nice trip.

Dawg

(This post was edited by Hound Dog on Nov 4, 2009, 1:59 PM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4