Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

Oscar2

Nov 1, 2009, 10:41 AM

Post #1 of 3 (6086 views)

Shortcut

Music Festival

Can't Post | Private Reply
I was surprised but indeed feel lucky that Iím hearing there is going to be the annual Music Festival in Morelia this month. It sounds like it will be loads of fun, and probably some of the residents can offer some tips and advice.

Gracias

esperanza

Nov 1, 2009, 11:26 AM

Post #2 of 3 (6073 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Oscar2] Music Festival

The 20th Annual Festival Internacional de Mķsica de Morelia opens on Nov. 13 and runs through Nov. 28. This year, the guest country is Great Britain. The website is http://www.festivalmorelia.com.mx. The link to this year's program is under the photograph on the home page. There will be nearly 30 concerts during the two week run of the Festival.

It may still be possible to buy tickets to a few of the concerts. The free concerts require very early line-up to be able to get into the venues.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Oscar2

Nov 1, 2009, 2:45 PM

Post #3 of 3 (6052 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Music Festival

Thanks SP,

I looked at the website and boy, it really looks good. They have festivals in San Jose annually but mostly open air Jazz Festivalís that cover several city blocks so that when a hot group really gets-it-on, spectators get up and dance in the street right in front of the stage. To me this is great because as you know we love to dance.

That which I seen on the Morelia Festival website appears to be so much more. The venues run a gamut from symphonic, rock, soloist and much more. The other thing Iíve noticed is, it too, is spread out amongst various other buildings within certain parts, I believe, is El Centro Histůrico.

Also, while surfing the web, I tuned in on some posts, perhaps a bit dated but still, consistently convey ones sense of comfort about Morelia, in as much as they didnít feel hustled or gaped at uncomfortably as Gringoís. They mentioned the streets in El Centro are very busy and they felt very safe in this city of 1.5 million.

Fast forward, we know things have happened in the not to distant past and of coarse its always my hope the strengths of tenacity have taken hold and is starting to set in and restore an eye on the present. The past is exactly that, the past, and the now, is starting to dissolve its remnants into shadows of days gone-by. Peoples strong and good nature somehow wants and does start restoring itself back to pre-whatever it was that set them back. I look to see Morelia whole in the eyes of its citizenry, which includes you and yours.

Recently Iíve heard Moreliaís multiple university environment, much like Guanajuato, sparkles with the freshness of youth I very much felt and enjoyed tremendously in the Guanajuato air. I hear allot of good stuff about your town and yes, am looking forward to getting there sometime this month.

Hasta Luego
Oscar

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4