Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

Shawna

Jul 20, 2002, 9:49 AM

Post #1 of 3 (3565 views)

Shortcut

FM3 and owning property

Can't Post |
Looking for Information on exactly what I need to get an FM3 for Baja Mexico. I own property in Baja, through my father and now have been advised to get the FM3. I am married, with 5 children and travel to my house once a month (sometimes twice). My father passed away unexpectadley a few months ago and I feel on shakey ground about our property. I am one of 7 children, but am the one to be handling all house responsiblities. I am looking for all wisdom and suggestions from people who own property as well, and/or have the FM3. Thank you all! I'm so glad I stumbled across this site.

Brian

Jul 20, 2002, 1:46 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3559 views)

Shortcut

FM3 and owning property

Can't Post |
I assume your father was not a Mexican citizen and, therefore, the property is held through a bank trust. Hopefully, you are named as a substitute beneficiary which will save a whole lot of problems. Re: the FM-3...it is always easier to obtain the initial visa through the nearest Mexican consulate near your home. Call them for the needed documents as the requirements and ease of processing vary according to each location. Once you obtain the Fm-3, you must register it with the Migracion office nearest to the Baja property. Do that as soon as possible.<p>

Dave

Jul 22, 2002, 7:47 PM

Post #3 of 3 (3559 views)

Shortcut

FM3 and owning property

Can't Post |
:The BEST way to obtain information on what is needed is to inquire at the local immigration office. If in the States,ask at the local consulate. Don't delay. Your property rights and your ability to visit Mexico could be at risk.<p>
: Looking for Information on exactly what I need to get an FM3 for Baja Mexico. I own property in Baja, through my father and now have been advised to get the FM3. I am married, with 5 children and travel to my house once a month (sometimes twice). My father passed away unexpectadley a few months ago and I feel on shakey ground about our property. I am one of 7 children, but am the one to be handling all house responsiblities. I am looking for all wisdom and suggestions from people who own property as well, and/or have the FM3. Thank you all! I'm so glad I stumbled across this site.<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4