Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

brecky

Oct 29, 2009, 9:33 PM

Post #1 of 5 (6568 views)

Shortcut

TBC bus tickets

Can't Post | Private Reply
hola, me again.... Is there some way I can reserve my TBC bus tickets for the trip from Phx to Alamos? They don't have a web site. I have their phone number, but wonder if they will take reservations on the phone? (I'm from Canada...) The reason I want to book ahead a bit is that I want 2 seats together, in the middle of the bus (I get motion sickness at the back of the bus). I will be going direct from the Phx airport to the bus terminal & may not have a lot of extra time.... Thanks for your advice.....

My travel photography home page:
http://www.worldisround.com/home/brecky/index.html

Kimpatsu Hekigan

Nov 4, 2009, 3:48 PM

Post #2 of 5 (6507 views)

Shortcut

Re: Tourist card (FM-T) on TBC buses at the border

Don't forget to tell the TBC bus driver when you board that you need to stop at Mexican Immigration at the border to get your tourist card (FM-T), and that he should wait for you to do it.

The Mexican Immigration office at the border in Nogales will normally be your only chance to get a tourist card, since buses usually will not stop at the inland checkpoint at Km 21 south of Nogales, the only other place with an Immigration office on that route.

If you pass the Km 21 checkpoint (can't miss it; big facility on your right going south) without a tourist card, you are in Mexico illegally.

FWIW,

-- K.H.

The Disciple lamented, "Master! Why is my life beset with problems?!"
The Master observed, "Only tourists step in dog droppings."

brecky

Nov 4, 2009, 6:51 PM

Post #3 of 5 (6490 views)

Shortcut

Re: [kimpatsu_hekigan] Tourist card (FM-T) on TBC buses at the border

Thanks for stressing that....... Is it likely I might be the only one on the bus that has to get one?? Like I said earlier, I may even enlist the help of someone else on the bus whose Spanish is better than mine, just to be sure that the bus driver understands......

Kimpatsu Hekigan

Nov 4, 2009, 9:20 PM

Post #4 of 5 (6480 views)

Shortcut

Re: [brecky] Tourist card (FM-T) on TBC buses at the border

Is it likely I might be the only one on the bus that has to get one??

Yes.

But there may be situations where even Mexican passport holders need to go inside the Mexican Immigration office. You may not be the only person.

I'm sure most of the TBC bus drivers with the credentials that allow them to cross into the States and drive there have experience with non-Mexican passengers getting the tourist card at Mexican Immigration at the border. Just be sure to let the driver know that you're on board.

-- K.H.

The Disciple lamented, "Master! Why is my life beset with problems?!"
The Master observed, "Only tourists step in dog droppings."

brecky

Nov 4, 2009, 10:18 PM

Post #5 of 5 (6477 views)

Shortcut

Re: [kimpatsu_hekigan] Tourist card (FM-T) on TBC buses at the border

Thanks, you've been a great help.