Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

Vichil

Oct 24, 2009, 6:51 AM

Post #1 of 4 (9895 views)

Shortcut

Canon Powershot camera S95

Can't Post | Private Reply
Anyone knows where this camera can be repaired in the Chapala area or Guadalajara?

chinagringo

Oct 24, 2009, 5:22 PM

Post #2 of 4 (9871 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Vichil] Canon Powershot camera S95

Like printers, having a digital camera repaired will often cost more than a replacement. A number of years ago, we purchased a Konica digital from Costco and I sent it into Konica repair. The repair estimate was more than a replacement camera with greater capabilities. As it turned out, Costco gave us a full refund and we turned around and purchased a new camera. The "caveat" here is that this was before they revised their electronics return policy.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

gmusgrave

Oct 25, 2009, 8:32 AM

Post #3 of 4 (9847 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Vichil] Canon Powershot camera S95

Do you mean the PowerShot A95?

If so, this is a 5Mpixel camera that is about two years old, and has now been discontinued. You can buy a used one for about $80 to $100USD. If this is the case, you are probably better off buying a new and better camera.

If you do want to repair it, the authorised Canon service centre in Guadalajara is Laboratorios Julio at Av. Vallarta #1502 (tel: 333-616-2649). Note that there are branches of Laboratorios Julio all over the city, but this is the one that does repairs.

About a year-and-a-half ago I cracked the LCD display on my Canon PowerShot S500. They replaced it for about $800 pesos, and they did it in about two hours.

Good luck.

Garry Musgrave

Vichil

Nov 6, 2009, 11:13 AM

Post #4 of 4 (9790 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gmusgrave] Canon Powershot camera S95

Thank you for the information. My friend told me it was a S but I did not see it so it could be A. I will give them the information .

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4