Mexico Connect
Forums  > Business/Commercial > Mexico Only Business/Trade

simplementeyo

Oct 22, 2009, 11:19 AM

Post #1 of 9 (18267 views)

Shortcut

Hector Haro - US trained dentist- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am ecstatic after my dental treatment with Dr. Hector Haro in Ajijic. After a lot of asking, he was the best choice for my dental implants and overall prosthodontics, he holds a degree from University of Maryland and speaks English perfectly. It was also so much cheaper for us than ANY similar dental treatment in the US or Canada, and i've done some extensive research on costs. He has such a professional clinic and equipment and the nicest staff. I urge you all to check him out for your oral care needs. His website is www.hectorharodds.com

Hound Dog

Oct 22, 2009, 11:45 AM

Post #2 of 9 (18248 views)

Shortcut

Re: [simplementeyo] Hector Haro - US trained dentist- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

This is nothing against Dr. Haro who was my dentist for several years after I retired here but the reader should be cautious when reading effusive praise of anyone especially when told that the primary accomplishments of the recommended physician or dentist are their U.S. degree and their English language skills. These two bases for a recommendation often come at a high price at Lakeside inconsistent, at times, with final results. I have no complaint whatsoever regarding the quality of dental care I have received over a few years from Dr. Haroīs office but a buck is a buck in any language.

There are many excellent dentists at Lakeside who have never even been to the United States and certainly never attended the University of Maryland and whose English language skills are modest but Iīll tell you what - the best dentist Iīve ever had in Mexico was in a tiny office in San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas and she spoke not one word of English and went to some dental school in the Chiapas outback. Do not confuse excellence with your native tongue or some regional university of little note. But if you do, bring many dollars with you to the table generally speaking.

Gringal

Oct 22, 2009, 1:24 PM

Post #3 of 9 (18228 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Hound Dog] Hector Haro - US trained dentist- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Agreed, Hound Dog. Those who say "you get what you pay for" don't want to acknowledge that sometimes you can get just as much if not more, and pay less.
Our dentist is in a tiny Chapala office. He has the latest equipment, speaks a minimal but adequate amount of English and we are well content to have excellent service and pay LESS.

The interesting side note is that Dr. Haro's office advertises heavily. Our dentist in Chapala does no advertising, but it takes at least three weeks to get an appointment for cleaning.

I'm not planning to offer his name. Good grief, no. It would take even longer to get an appointment. lol.

don pedro

Oct 23, 2009, 5:59 AM

Post #4 of 9 (18178 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Hector Haro - US trained dentist- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

you couldn't pay me enough money to see haro. i have the best dentist i've had in my entire life right here in chapala and she got her training in guad. speaks adequate english[her assistant doesn't but also does sewing-fixed my kid's pants while he was there for the dentistry] and works all kinds of crazy hours. she really is dedicated.
http://chapalamexicoinfo.createforumhosting.com
naivete is a chronIc disease and by its very nature;the afflicted never know they have it.-SNORK!

Hound Dog

Oct 23, 2009, 9:47 AM

Post #5 of 9 (18169 views)

Shortcut

Re: [don pedro] Hector Haro - US trained dentist- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Don Pedro and Gringal:

Why not give the names of your dentists? Well, I know why. I bragged about my dentist Dr. Eloy Barragan in Chapala who is outstanding, having provided me with excellent and complicated bridge work over the past few months and now his workload is such that I canīr get in there in less than at least a couple of weeks.

Keep in mind folks that it is not simply the cost but the game plan for corrective work that matters. Always get at least two proposals for complex dental procedures. I had precisely the same problem I posed to Dr. Haroīs office and Dr. Barraganīs office and Dr. Haroīs office gave me an estimate to correct my problems that was four times as costly as that proposed by Dr. Barraganīs office and we are talking big bucks here and it is not simply the cost of the specific work I am speaking of but the route taken to resolve my problems. Not only that - and this is very important - Dr. Barragan does all of his own work. I started going to Dr. Haro in 2002 when his Lakeside branch was still in La Floresta and went to his office countless times over the succeeding years and after the first visit he never performed any of the work himself and was rarely even there as his main practice is in Guadalajara; rather they kept sending me down the chain to the least experienced dentist on his staff.

Now, letīs move beyond dentistry and let me tell you this. These physicians and other practictioners who come down here from Guadalajara and Iīm not speaking of Dr. Haro in any way but physicians attached to local medical clinics, donīt come down here to sip a cocktail on the lakefront. They have to make it pay. Outside of an emergency we wonīt even patronize any of the local Lakeside 24 hour clinics anymore. Opportunistic physicians who come down to Lakeside once or twice a week from Guadalajara with their English language skills and fine equipment are out to create cash flow and pay for that fancy equipment and donīt you forget it.

About a month ago one of us slipped in our garden at night and sprained an ankle and we went into a local Lakeside Clinic and visited the emergency doctor on night duty and for that 20 minute visit for a minor problem we paid that clinic $2,220 Pesos including $780 Pesos for material charges about $10 Pesos worth of materials to bind the sprained ankle.On another occasion a Guadalajara optometrist on duty at another Lakeside clinic demanded $10,000 Pesos under the table for referring us to a Guadalajara opthamologist for cataract surgery and on still another occasion one of us was induced to have another dangerous procedure by a Guadalajara heart surgeon we now are certain was unnecessary and cost us some $30,000 Pesos flushed down the drain including $20,000 unbilled pesos demanded in the hospital room before we could check out.

Remember, folks, we live in both Chapas and at Lakeside and things are very different in Chiapas. Watch your wallet.

don pedro

Oct 23, 2009, 10:22 AM

Post #6 of 9 (18166 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Hound Dog] Hector Haro - US trained dentist- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

In Reply To
Don Pedro and Gringal:

Why not give the names of your dentists? Well, I know why. I bragged about my dentist Dr. Eloy Barragan in Chapala who is outstanding, having provided me with excellent and complicated bridge work over the past few months and now his workload is such that I canīr get in there in less than at least a couple of weeks.

About a month ago one of us slipped in our garden at night and sprained an ankle and we went into a local Lakeside Clinic and visited the emergency doctor on night duty and for that 20 minute visit for a minor problem we paid that clinic $2,220 Pesos including $780 Pesos for material charges about $10 Pesos worth of materials to bind the sprained ankle.

Remember, folks, we live in both Chapas and at Lakeside and things are very different in Chiapas. Watch your wallet.

jeez bubba ya ever here of cruz roja? on tues. i lost part of a finger while i was working on my table saw. went there and had it taken care of in less that 20 minutes. good looking student nurses hovering around too! the doc gave me 2 rx's and away i went. i played v-ball thurs. with a bit of extra wrapping[duct tape]. total cost-the 200pesos i voluntarily donated. plus rx, bandages and disinfectant from the pharmacy.
ya musta sprained yer brain too-eh!
oh! and an amigo got whacked by a scorpion in the middle of the night-they gave him a shot and sent him home.
i dunno iffen he donated but we ferners should every time we use these excellent services. kinda nice ta keep cruz around-no?
naivete is a chronIc disease and by its very nature;the afflicted never know they have it.-SNORK!

Vichil

Oct 23, 2009, 11:35 PM

Post #7 of 9 (18118 views)

Shortcut

Re: [don pedro] Hector Haro - US trained dentist- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

No pedro my foot was bad not my brain, we did not want to driv to Chapala in the middle of the night as I was in bad pain so we paid the price.

don pedro

Oct 24, 2009, 6:19 AM

Post #8 of 9 (18109 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Vichil] Hector Haro - US trained dentist- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

ah! so it was you, bubinski's better half. i have a very high physical pain threshold but my pecuniary threshold is low. i would have been able to endure 10 minutes more of the former to avoid the pain of the latter.

Docmex9

Apr 2, 2010, 11:39 AM

Post #9 of 9 (14975 views)

Shortcut

Re: [simplementeyo] Hector Haro - US trained dentist- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

simplementeyo-Please be careful using statements such as; "...holds a degree from the University of Maryland." And..."US trained dentist". Dr. Hector Haro does NOT hold a degree from that University. You should ALWAYS check with the University-NOT go by his advertising which simply includes: University of Maryland under his name. That is NOT a Degree Declaration. Dr. Haro did receive a "certificate" in Prosthodontics from the U. of Maryland-NOT a Degree. YOU and others are creating a completely misleading and false image of Dr. Haro and giving him "deniability" when it comes to FALSE ADVERTISING. I am a U.S. Physician Assistant and Registered Nurse (Ret) with over 10 yrs. as a Military Medic and Pharmacists Mate. I personally have numerous "certificates" such as ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support), Pharmacy Technician, Blood Born Pathogens, Hospice Trng. AMESLAN, etc. etc. So? Remember as "Extranjeros" we have NO recourse here in Mexico (ie; lawsuits). High Prices are not a gaurantee of High Quality. Docmex9

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4