Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

cristalhombre

Oct 31, 2009, 10:00 AM

Post #51 of 54 (7336 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Schap] Good Places to Eat

Can't Post | Private Reply
Agreed. GO is the coolest spot we've found locally and a very nice assortment of tastes.

I tend to 'focus' on the appetizer offerings and a couple of cold cervezas. That's plenty for me.

Great music, views and ambiance. Pedro himself gets to saute + toss the pans around at GO. This guy just has a talent to put it all together - very hip environment and consistently flavorful dishes.

Pedro catered a party for us this week and it was 'spot on'............my neighbors loved it.....even tho we ran out of a full case of vine before the night ended.

It's only open on the weekends at this point, he is planning to extend that soon.

"NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST...."

Gringal

Oct 31, 2009, 10:37 AM

Post #52 of 54 (7333 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cristalhombre] Good Places to Eat

The question is: what's going on with Pedro's regular restaurant? Seems to be nearly empty most lunchtimes; he's now closed on Fridays as well as the Saturday and Sunday, and I'm wondering if he's trying to ease out of there?

bournemouth

Oct 31, 2009, 1:50 PM

Post #53 of 54 (7309 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Good Places to Eat

His ad in the Guad Reporter today says he's closing on Friday for the next few months - it also mentions remodelling - we'll have to wait and see.

tashby

Oct 31, 2009, 3:23 PM

Post #54 of 54 (7296 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Good Places to Eat

Thanks for the multiple warnings on the Paella. If it's as bad as you both say - and I don't doubt you - it really should get pulled off the menu. Again, I've never tried it there, but if there was a place in this area to give it a shot, that would be the place.

That's a shame and, as mentioned, they're shooting themselves in the foot.

But let's be honest. The restaurants in this little town aren't very good, and a LOT of places offer a LOT of dishes that they really have no business serving. If I find a place that does one or two things well, I generally stick with those dishes and those dishes only. With Tabarka, it's fresh fish cooked simply.

And in *this* town, that's enough to bring me back.
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4