Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Learning Spanish

ecollard

Oct 14, 2009, 5:38 AM

Post #1 of 5 (4656 views)

Shortcut

Mexican children's songs

Can't Post | Private Reply
I would like to learn to sing/play some well-known, easy kid songs. I hear that Cri-Cri's music is well known and might fit that description and would like to know about other singers or songs that would be good to get familiar with. Any ideas of web sites with free words/chords/music? I play autoharp, so guitar tabs work just fine if I know the melody already...
Eileen

Zarcero

Oct 14, 2009, 7:21 AM

Post #2 of 5 (4638 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ecollard] Mexican children's songs

See the "Developing an Ear for Spanish" thread. Go for the boleros, not the children's songs.

esperanza

Oct 14, 2009, 8:30 AM

Post #3 of 5 (4627 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Zarcero] Mexican children's songs

In Reply To
See the "Developing an Ear for Spanish" thread. Go for the boleros, not the children's songs.

Well...for developing an ear for Spanish, I agree--go for the boleros. But if you want to learn children's songs to sing for children (for example, for sing-alongs at an orphanage), Cri-Cri is the gold standard. Youtube will give you lots of examples of his delightful music.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Zarcero

Oct 14, 2009, 9:35 AM

Post #4 of 5 (4618 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Mexican children's songs

"...But if you want to learn children's songs to sing for children...Cri-Cri is the gold standard..." I agree 100%

(This post was edited by Zarcero on Oct 14, 2009, 9:36 AM)

esperanza

Oct 14, 2009, 11:01 AM

Post #5 of 5 (4600 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Mexican children's songs

To start, I highly recommend "La Marcha de las Letras" and "La Muñeca Fea". Utterly charming and 99.9% of Mexican children will be able to sing along.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4