Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

wilpharm

Sep 29, 2009, 8:40 AM

Post #1 of 6 (4432 views)

Shortcut

move to Tepic

Can't Post | Private Reply
starting move to Tepic..will haul 2nd and final load of "stuff" in about a week. Plan on buying new furniture there..Bought kitchen appliances at Sears in Tepic last trip..Very reasonable prices..The adventure is beginning!! 1400 miles from my house in OKla to new casa in Tepic..

lamur

Oct 1, 2009, 12:43 PM

Post #2 of 6 (4343 views)

Shortcut

Re: [wilpharm] move to Tepic

Hi Wil,

What drew you to Tepic? Curious minds want to know!

Lamur

jerezano

Oct 2, 2009, 9:23 AM

Post #3 of 6 (4291 views)

Shortcut

Re: [lamur] move to Tepic

Hello,

While Tepic is one of my favorite cities in Mexico, I, like lamur, would like to know what drew you to Tepic. So please let us know, and also please keep us informed about your first year there.

Not too many expatriates live there. I know fewer than ten. But those expatriates are all happy and some have moved there from other regions such as Mazatlán or Guadalajara. Some, of course, are married to Tepicanas.

I, too, would live in Tepic were it not for other impediments which keep me closer to the frontier.

Best of luck.

jerezano.

wilpharm

Oct 5, 2009, 3:53 PM

Post #4 of 6 (4210 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jerezano] move to Tepic

have been fishing in lago aqua milpa N of Tepic for many years and have always liked the area..A gringo buddy relocated there and purchased a very prime piece of real estate on the santiago river about 25 minutes outof town..Im 63 years old and still have time for a bit of craziness..If it dont work we"ll do something else..It dont get cold like Oklahoma and the 2 of the worst months in Tepic APril & May are the 2 best in OK..time to go home..the fishin is great and I just plain old like it there..The fact that few gringos are there seems to hold the prices back a bit it seems,, Well thats my story..anyone who would like fotos of new place send me a private email John W Old retired country druggist

cbeepa

Oct 6, 2009, 8:52 AM

Post #5 of 6 (4158 views)

Shortcut

Re: [wilpharm] move to Tepic

We moved to Tepic from California just over ten years ago. We have never regretted our decision to live here where the weather is terrific, services and commerce just keep getting better and tourists are a rarity. If we can help you learn about your new home town, please let us know.

deaconmoss

Nov 17, 2009, 12:10 AM

Post #6 of 6 (3866 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cbeepa] move to Tepic

We try to make it to Tepic every year we come down. Have always enjoyed its colorful central plaza and throngs of people. Have stayed in the fancy hotels, the not so fancy and the local RV park and keep coming back for more. Good choice in our opinion of a great place to put down roots.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4