Forums  > General > General Forum
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Peter

Oct 15, 2009, 6:09 AM

Post #51 of 62 (7144 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Monterrey Help Please

Can't Post | Private Reply
Simon Templar and James Bond, this seems to be morphing toward a Roger Moore thread. The econo version of him was the sort of persona I guess I was trying to convery in those cantinas. It worked.

Zarcero

Oct 15, 2009, 7:01 AM

Post #52 of 62 (7136 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Peter] Monterrey Help Please

Lol. Actually I was referring to the literary Simon Templar, not the one in the TV series. The literary Templar is not anything like the guy in the TV show. The literary Bond as per the Fleming novels is not anything like the guy in the movies either. So what's new? The movie doesn't follow the books.

Peter

Oct 15, 2009, 7:17 AM

Post #53 of 62 (7125 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Zarcero] Monterrey Help Please

In Reply To
Lol. Actually I was referring to the literary Simon Templar, not the one in the TV series. The literary Templar is not anything like the guy in the TV show. The literary Bond as per the Fleming novels is not anything like the guy in the movies either. So what's new? The movie doesn't follow the books.

Understood, but the mention of Simon Templar and James Bond together in the same thread was too much to resist, it was screaming out Roger Moore.

Actually, it's much easier for me to do a Charles Bronson, whom I do not recall portraying womanizers. Perhaps for that I can attribute the success in finding a longer-term relationship.

Zarcero

Oct 15, 2009, 7:49 AM

Post #54 of 62 (7116 views)

Shortcut

Bronson? Now there's was one of my favorites. I find Moore to be a bit on the effeminate side as an actor. That mole thing on his face. Every time I saw him on TV I couldn't help but think of Honey West!

monterreymx

Feb 15, 2010, 12:37 AM

Post #55 of 62 (6768 views)

Shortcut

Re: Monterrey Help Please

ok, I'm finally back. I just took the bus all the way down. 250 bucks round trip on a bus beats 800 bucks to fly down. Let me just say... things went well. There is definitely a girl I'm going back down to see again soon. So damn fine. She's 23 and graduated from school last year.

La Isla

Feb 15, 2010, 1:59 PM

Post #56 of 62 (6687 views)

Shortcut

Re: [monterreymx] Monterrey Help Please

Gload to hear that things worked out for you as you had hoped they would!

richmx2

Feb 15, 2010, 8:49 PM

Post #57 of 62 (6643 views)

Shortcut

Re: [monterreymx] Monterrey Help Please

I'm glad too ... also, gload (glowing with gladness?) :-)

and impressed that you were not turned off by those that start out by saying things like "I've never been in Monterrey, but..." and then proceed to give wrong information based on no facts, or have to tell you about their life experiences with older women or whatever it was they all were getting into when you asked about parking in Laredo and/or Monterrey.

http://mexfiles.net
http://mexicobookpublishers.com

La Isla

Feb 16, 2010, 7:54 AM

Post #58 of 62 (6617 views)

Shortcut

Re: [richmx2] Monterrey Help Please

In Reply To
I'm glad too ... also, gload (glowing with gladness?) :-)

Nothing that clever, I'm afraid, just a boring typo...

Zarcero

Feb 16, 2010, 9:16 AM

Post #59 of 62 (6601 views)

Shortcut

...and impressed that you were not turned off by those that start out by saying things like "I've never been in Monterrey, but..." and then proceed to give wrong information based on no facts, or have to tell you about their life experiences with older women or whatever it was they all were getting into when you asked about parking in Laredo and/or Monterrey.

I see you are picking on Peter. Lol! So, the kid meets a 23-yr. old chica and says he will be going back. Will she still be there? Will some other Gringo sweep her off of her feet first? Are there delusions involved with one or both parties? Will we get to see the saga unfold with a happy or sad ending? Will this make for telenovela material?

Peter

Feb 16, 2010, 9:16 AM

Post #60 of 62 (6600 views)

Shortcut

and impressed that you were not turned off by those that start out by saying things like "I've never been in Monterrey, but..." and then proceed to give wrong information based on no facts, or have to tell you about their life experiences with older women or whatever it was they all were getting into when you asked about parking in Laredo and/or Monterrey.

Oh, cīmon. Re-read the initial inquiry, and his last. He got what he was looking for, it was more than parking suggestions. Iīm glad, very happy all turned out well. I donīt know if anything I personally discussed helped him at all but he got some options to try. I still live with the Latina I met here, happily, after nearly two years since we met.

You didnīt find this thread entertaining?

Very delighted all turned out well. Salud!

Zarcero

Feb 16, 2010, 9:19 AM

Post #61 of 62 (6598 views)

Shortcut

I found it entertaining from the very first post. Lol! You did fine Peter.

monterreymx

Feb 19, 2010, 8:38 AM

Post #62 of 62 (6524 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Zarcero] Monterrey Help Please

There are a lot of cute chicas in Monterrey and the nightlife was excellent. More young guys should learn about this place. I'll go back again in a couple months... going to take a few buddies down this time.

(This post was edited by monterreymx on Feb 19, 2010, 8:40 AM)
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4