Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Home, Garden & Construction in Mexico

ebesan

Sep 26, 2009, 7:07 PM

Post #1 of 5 (5490 views)

Shortcut

care for cement floors

Can't Post | Private Reply
We have a cement floor (color integrale) at the house in Merida.
The floor looks dusty, dull and is hard to keep clean. The cleaners have been using harsh detergents.
We could polish and wax, (alot of $$) or use 'gaz morado' 3,4 times to get the brilliance back.
Need advice for bringing out the color, making it easy to clean, w/out harsh chemicals.

tim
sammy in ny

chinagringo

Sep 27, 2009, 8:30 AM

Post #2 of 5 (5463 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ebesan] care for cement floors

While I would never claim to be an expert on this subject, I have done a fair amount of research and reading on the topic. From what I have gathered, I would give the cement floors a thorough cleaning and then allow enough time for any residual moisture that has been absorbed by the concrete to evaporate. Then I would purchase the very BEST sealer available in the local market and apply with a sheepskin applicator in enough coats to give a visible seal over the entire surface, Depending on personal preference, sealers can be purchased in various sheen options.

Detailed preparation and application, while somewhat tedious, will pay off in the long run and reduce future maintenance issues resulting in a far more satisfactory surface for the homeowner!
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

mcm

Oct 6, 2009, 11:34 AM

Post #3 of 5 (5378 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ebesan] care for cement floors

In general, if the concrete floors were well-polished upon installation, they should hold up well under regular use.
You don't specify what the "harsh detergents" were -- under normal use, a cleaner like Fabulosa, very diluted, should do the trick of cleaning up dirt/spills. After the floors are swept and washed with a wet (wrung out) or damp mop (using diluted cleaner like Fabulosa), you (or whoever) should go over them again with a dry mop, to bring up the shine. If you let water stand and dry naturally, the floors will be dull, because there will be a slight residue from the water -- this is why the last polishing step is important.
Most cleaners use a squeegee, with a cloth wrapped around it, and this set up seems to give the best results -- sponge mops or string mops seem to leave streaks.

Be very sure that muriatic acid (commonly used in cleaning ceramic tiles, to remove sarro -- build up of minerals from hard water--) NEVER is used, even in the most diluted concentrations, on concrete floors.

If the floor finish seems worn (you don't say whether this is a new floor or not), then you should probably have it repolished. I don't think a sealer, or wax is necessary, or even desirable. But, that's just my opinion.

Hope this helps -- good luck!

manishfusion

Dec 28, 2009, 1:16 PM

Post #4 of 5 (4804 views)

Shortcut

Re: care for cement floors

Here is your solution

WALL TOUCH THE POWERFUL LIME LIQUID

Why to use walltouch lime liquid?

Specifically used to make washable distemper.washable distemper revitalizes the sheen and texture of walls in the house.This helps to makes the room large and maximizes absorption of the heat.
How to use ?

Step 1.mix the appropriate amount of lime & water.
Step 2.mix the wall touch powerful lime liquid with lime stones and water ,chemical reaction will happen,that will make the distemper.
Step 3.For specific required colour ,mix colour stanner with distemper ,shake it for 10minitues.This will create washable distember.
Step 4.To get in use please screen the washable distemper with dry and clean cloth .
Step 5.Please use paint brush to paint distemper on wall .WALL TOUCH COOL HOME

Hot outside. cool inside.
The most economical way to keep your home and office cool in hot weather.Why to use?

As the name suggest, used for the absorption of the heat and roof protection.For the first time ,you can reduce heat of your roof and your building terrace & live more comfortably in summer heat.This will save energy and colling cost.This is the best method to prevent the roof space heating up in the first place by reflecting heat away from the roof surface.
How to use?

Step 1 mix up 5kg wall touch cool home with 300ml walltouch lime liquid.
Step 2 after proper mixing,add 5ltr water into it & shake it properly for 10minitues.
Step 3 apply it after proper wash of cement roofs and terrace.
Step 4 100% result after 24 hours.

be cool and happy
join my forum
Cadillac AC Parts

tepetapan

Jan 8, 2010, 8:44 AM

Post #5 of 5 (4671 views)

Shortcut

Re: [manishfusion] care for cement floors

I guess the next time Im in India Ill try to remember to pick some up. whats with that?

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4